Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Slim Shade for RV doors

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Installed one of these today.
It's a nice quality unit and works very smoothly. Install was easy (took all of 20 minutes) and it even comes with sealant installed and the cord for the blind properly set.
Glass seems to be tinted the same as all the other glass in out unit.

Enjoy,
Scott
24 REPLIES 24

RollandB
Explorer
Explorer
seaeagle2 wrote:
http://www.zarcor.com/rv_products/rv-door-window-kit/index.php These guys say you can operate their shade with screen door in place

I was interested in this one, they sent a small sample which killed the deal. When installed you can operate it from the inside but the shad portion covers half the view you could have if you have clear glass.
2013 Yukon

2021 Coachmen Spirit 1943RB

punomatic
Explorer
Explorer
GWolfe wrote:
I'm pretty sure his door is open in the pic.
You're right. I didn't notice the screen door latch plate in the picture. Thanks, I feel better now.
DW and Me
2016 Riverside White Water Retro 195
2014 Nissan Titan SL Crew Cab
Formerly, I used to work for the department of redundancy department.

Life in Black and Blue

GWolfe
Explorer
Explorer
I'm pretty sure his door is open in the pic.
2005 Sun-Lite Eagle
2011 Silverado

punomatic
Explorer
Explorer
ScottG wrote:
Installed one of these today.
It's a nice quality unit and works very smoothly. Install was easy (took all of 20 minutes) and it even comes with sealant installed and the cord for the blind properly set.
Glass seems to be tinted the same as all the other glass in out unit.

Enjoy,
Scott
I don't mean to be critical, but shouldn't the shade be on the inside of the door?
DW and Me
2016 Riverside White Water Retro 195
2014 Nissan Titan SL Crew Cab
Formerly, I used to work for the department of redundancy department.

Life in Black and Blue

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
BarneyS you just showed why we DON'T have a window!
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Nunyadamn
Explorer
Explorer
BarneyS wrote:
myredracer wrote:
I like it, thank you for posting! Wasn't aware of that product.

We have a 2nd entry door in our bedroom and have been wondering what to do to cover the window so the sun doesn't wake us up in the am. Been thinking of 1/2" mini blinds over the glass but that Slim Shade seems to be a great solution. Seems a little pricey for what it is tho?

This is what we have had over our bedroom door window for quite a few years. Blocks the sun during the day and any lights at night. A whole lot less expensive than replacing the whole window - although I really like that window/shade replacement.
Barney

Same thing I have been using - We are in Arizona so I have had to replace those as well as the vent pillows with the reflective stuff on it. The reflective stuff in the AZ heat will eventually start to crack and flake off. The sticky stuff for those also starts to melt and they fall off. On the second set we used the screws that hold on the window and I put the Velcro under the screw. We then sewed the Velcro to the reflective stuff too. No sticky stuff anymore and they don't fall off anymore. Still have to replace them every couple years. I also have one over the shower skylight.
2014 Jayco Jayflight 32BHDS
2015 Ford F250 Lariat 4x4 Crew Cab 6.7L Powerstroke

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
BarneyS wrote:
myredracer wrote:

We have a 2nd entry door in our bedroom and have been wondering what to do to cover the window so the sun doesn't wake us up in the am. Been thinking of 1/2" mini blinds over the glass but that Slim Shade seems to be a great solution. Seems a little pricey for what it is tho?

This is what we have had over our bedroom door window for quite a few years. Blocks the sun during the day and any lights at night. A whole lot less expensive than replacing the whole window - although I really like that window/shade replacement.
Barney

Only problem with that is when you remove it, you still can't see through the window - that was the main reason for our modification.

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
myredracer wrote:

Barney

2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II

Nunyadamn
Explorer
Explorer
seaeagle2 wrote:
http://www.zarcor.com/rv_products/rv-door-window-kit/index.php These guys say you can operate their shade with screen door in place

They are getting closer. I think I would like the first one the OP installed better. I wonder if the first company could make a handle that pushed up and down like the second company with the door cover open. I think someone could even rig something - either a hard handle like the second company or a pulley system with a string. Someone has to be working on that right?
2014 Jayco Jayflight 32BHDS
2015 Ford F250 Lariat 4x4 Crew Cab 6.7L Powerstroke

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Lantley wrote:
Got it. Although I like the OP's window and the ventilation it provides

Yes, I thought it was a good idea also and no doubt buy one if I had a window.

It was funny when ordering the lady asked if we wanted the window and I thought why would she ask that. Then she explained and it was a good recommendation for us.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
seaeagle2 wrote:

I like that one but it's not worth the extra $$ to me. Glad they're bringing the price down though. If it were $100 I'd go for it.
I think I can attach the wand from a standard blind and pull it down. May even be able to make it so I can push it back up.
Either way, it's no biggie for me to open the door for a few seconds to manipulate it.

seaeagle2
Explorer
Explorer
2014 F 250 Gasser
2019 Outdoors RV 21RD
"one life, don't blow it", Kona Brewing
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life there'd be a shortage of fishing poles" Doug Larson

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
Got it. Although I like the OP's window and the ventilation it provides
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide