cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

photobucket

dpgerson
Explorer
Explorer
I see my pics on Photobucket are now longer displaying but instead a message shows that says I need to update my account and to go to a website. Once there, they want a lot of money to continure hosting. Is there any way to fix this?
2004 Alpenlite Sante Fe 11.5 with slideout
2006 F350 V10 with camper package and air bags
23 REPLIES 23

lawrosa
Explorer
Explorer
c.traveler2 wrote:
Whazoo had posted this possible fix or by pass, here's the link to his post...Whazoo Post give it a try.

Hmmm I posted that fix in the 5th reply to this thread..
Mike L ... N.J.

2006 Silverado ext cab long bed. 3:42 rear. LM7 5.3 motor. 300 hp 350 ft lbs torgue @ 4000 rpms
2018 coachmen Catalina sbx 261bh

c_traveler2
Nomad
Nomad
Whazoo had posted this possible fix or by pass, here's the link to his post...Whazoo Post give it a try.
2007 F-250 4x4 /6.0 PSD/ext cab/ 2020 Bunduvry

Lance 815/ 85 watts solar panel (sold)
2020 Bunduvry by BundutecUSA

Travelingman2 Photo Website
Truck Camper Trip Reports 3.0
travelingman21000 YouTube Videos
Alex and Julie's Travels Blog

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
SoonDockin wrote:
rv.net is part of the Good Sam/Camping World sphere I thought. Why they don't have a hosting site built in is beyond me.
Gotta be money. Few things on this site ever get fixed.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

SoonDockin
Explorer II
Explorer II
rv.net is part of the Good Sam/Camping World sphere I thought. Why they don't have a hosting site built in is beyond me.
2022 Ram Laramie 5500 60" CA New pic soon
2018 Arctic Fox 1140 Dry Bath
Sold 2019 Ford F450 King Ranch (was a very nice truck)

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
deltabravo wrote:
Pay a lot of money or find a free host.
Or find a host for a small fee. One has already been provided in this thread. I pay $2/month for no hassles and no ads. I don't like ads and it doesn't seem reasonable that storage and maintenance of terrabytes of data would be free.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
dpgerson wrote:
I see my pics on Photobucket are now longer displaying but instead a message shows that says I need to update my account and to go to a website. Once there, they want a lot of money to continure hosting. Is there any way to fix this?

Pay a lot of money or find a free host.

The move by photo bucket ruined millions of useful thread on thousands of forums.

I have no time or desire to upload my photos to a new photo host and re-write all my threads, so my solution was to stop posting photos. In fact, I actually rarely visit / post on any forums now.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

67avion
Explorer II
Explorer II
I started one of the longest strings ever on this website: Avion truck campers. It had over 550.000 views and (I think) 3-4 thousand posts with photos. One day it was all over. No one from RV.net thought to ask if they could help with this issue with PB. So, the best site in the world for Avion truck campers is not longer active. Its Photobucket, of course, but this site could have safeguarded our hard work with their own photo hosting or become an advocate with PB to save our string.

jat4
Explorer
Explorer
Still using Flickr with no problems at all, since 2006.
2018 Ram 3500 srw crew 3.73 4x4 6.4L Hemi
2018 Northstar 850sc
2008 Jayco 26L, Reese HP DC WD hitch
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 mega 3.73 4x4 5.9L Cummins, Prodigy, MOPAR power tow mirrors (traded)
2000 F-150 V8 5.4L, Reese Brakeman (died)

centerline
Explorer
Explorer
SidecarFlip wrote:
In all actuality, this is the only site I have to employ a third party host. All the other sites I visit are direct download. Consequently, I don't post pictures on here

I agree completely....

in addition, anyone who stores their photos on a cloud somewhere, or on someone elses computer, they are subject to being lost without any chance of recovery.
I keep my photos on my own computer with an external hardrive that I back up to every 6 months... the ONLY argument that can be made for why it may be a good idea to store photos on someone elses site/cloud, is in the event of a house fire or natural disaster, and the computer is lost, one would still have their photos...
2007 M-3705 SLC weekend warrior, 5th wheel
2014 Ram 3500 CC/LB, 6.7 Cummins
2004 Polaris Sportsman 700
2005 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO
1979 Bayliner 2556 FB Convertible Cruiser
Heavy Equipment Repair & Specialty Welding...

RickW
Explorer II
Explorer II
ScottG wrote:
wnjj wrote:
ScottG wrote:
PB lost all my pics and just said "Sorry, it happens sometimes".
I'll be damned if I will pay a fee for that kind of service.
I went with Imgur instead. Works MUcH better and faster and no daily spam.

Were you paying for it or using the free one? Their response may well depend upon whom theyโ€™re dealing with. They may also have a legal obligation to paying customers if secure backups are part of the terms. I doubt theyโ€™d bother pushing a button for a free user, let alone restoring a backup.

Donโ€™t get me wrong. Iโ€™d never use PB.

No, it was before they started the extortion thing. They supposedly worked on it c couple of days.
It actually happened a few months before and they got them all back. This time couldn't fix it.
I was stupid for not backing everything up..

I went thru this a year ago. I could not see or copy my own pictures. Tech support kept telling me to reset my password. Finally I got an email that a "one in a million" error happened, they permanently lost all my posted photos, and I was entitled to one more year of free service. Right.
Rick
04 GMC 1500 4X4X4, 04 Sunlite SB

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
wnjj wrote:
ScottG wrote:

Were you paying for it or using the free one? Their response may well depend upon whom theyโ€™re dealing with. They may also have a legal obligation to paying customers if secure backups are part of the terms. I doubt theyโ€™d bother pushing a button for a free user, let alone restoring a backup.

No, it was before they started the extortion thing. They supposedly worked on it c couple of days.
It actually happened a few months before and they got them all back. This time couldn't fix it.
I was stupid for not backing everything up..

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
ScottG wrote:

dpgerson
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
Only if you have a Truck camper.

what makes you thunk i don't?
2004 Alpenlite Sante Fe 11.5 with slideout
2006 F350 V10 with camper package and air bags

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad