cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Garmin dezlCam GPS vs basic GPS unit plus seperate Dashcam

gitane59
Explorer III
Explorer III
Could I please ask for a little feedback?
Considering the purchase of a Garmin dezlCamTM LMTHD or a combination of a Garmin RV 770 LMT-S and a standalone dashcam of some description. I know the dezlCam LMTHD is loaded with commercial trucking features but with it's built in dashcam it allows me to have only one device cluttering up my windshield and dash.
Also the RV770 seems to be designed for motorhome usage not necessarily 55ft of truck and fifthwheel.
2014 Landmark Savannah, Mor-Ryde IS with Dexter disc brakes, 17.5 wheels with Sumitomo skins,
2010 Ford F350 Lariat CC LB DRW 6.4L Diesel, Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
4 REPLIES 4

gitane59
Explorer III
Explorer III
Planning wrote:
gitane59 wrote:
Considering the purchase of a Garmin dezlCamTM LMTHD

We have used the dezlCam LMTHD for about 2 years now; we got it right after it came out. It has been flawless, has every feature that we wanted (input all dimensions and weights, custom avoidance, etc).

We do not need RV POI information since the co-pilot researches that with iPad/iPhone.

Having the front camera (with G-force activation, saving the previous X seconds prior) was a must have for us. We most often drive on interstates and multi-lane highways. The number of people who pull in front and then rapidly brake for a turn or otherwise are too numerous to count. I want an independent witness.

It does all we need and more, and the Garmin apps also include weather and traffic cameras.

Thank you for the reply. This is my thoughts as well. If I can't backup safely without a camera I should not be towing. But with the litigious nature of society and all the inattentive drivers I am also wanting that independent witness.
2014 Landmark Savannah, Mor-Ryde IS with Dexter disc brakes, 17.5 wheels with Sumitomo skins,
2010 Ford F350 Lariat CC LB DRW 6.4L Diesel, Firestone Ride Rite Airbags

Planning
Explorer
Explorer
gitane59 wrote:
Considering the purchase of a Garmin dezlCamTM LMTHD

We have used the dezlCam LMTHD for about 2 years now; we got it right after it came out. It has been flawless, has every feature that we wanted (input all dimensions and weights, custom avoidance, etc).

We do not need RV POI information since the co-pilot researches that with iPad/iPhone.

Having the front camera (with G-force activation, saving the previous X seconds prior) was a must have for us. We most often drive on interstates and multi-lane highways. The number of people who pull in front and then rapidly brake for a turn or otherwise are too numerous to count. I want an independent witness.

It does all we need and more, and the Garmin apps also include weather and traffic cameras.
2016 AF 29-5K; 2016 F350 6.7, 4x4, CCLB DRW

Chuck_thehammer
Explorer
Explorer
depends... you want GPS displayed or camera...

I have the Garmin dezl 770LMTHD Trucker version... with backup camera with 50 foot extension cable.
the 770 has features the RV version does not have.. and better built.
then I downloaded the RV stuff from POI Factory into the Garmin.. so I have both ... truck and RV...
I also have a backup camera for back of truck... Peak 3 1/2 inch

so I can see hooking up trailer an also see behind trailer. no signal issues.

other then getting on facebook.. why a forward facing camera..
50 years of driving... I have never been hit from the front.

ROBERTSUNRUS
Explorer
Explorer
๐Ÿ™‚ Hi, I have the Garmin RV 760 GPS with optional back up camera and love it. For me, It was necessary to mount the camera sensor in front of my trailer to get a good solid signal. For a power source I used my Battery Minder connector at my battery box.
๐Ÿ™‚ Bob ๐Ÿ™‚
2005 Airstream Safari 25-B
2000 Lincoln Navigator
2014 F-150 Ecoboost
Equal-i-zer
Yamaha 2400