Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Don't buy a Thor product
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  All

> Don't buy a Thor product

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev
Jbrowland

Planning my next trip

View Profile

Posted: 02/07/18 12:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have now owned a few different RV's over the years. New and VERY used. The one that stands out as having the LEAST problems was the Cruise America Class C that I bought with 124,000 miles on it. Ran perfectly without issue inside and out other than tires and problems I caused due to user error. My new 2018 TT had/has over 30 problems I found before I paid for it. Then more problems after the shakedown trip. The dealer has now had my TT longer than I have since buying it.

When I go to dealer lots, I see issues clearly visible in almost every brand and style of new RV. Seems to be acceptable and the unfortunate norm to both (not all of course) dealers and manufacturers. Even some of the ones people claim never has issues. That's life with a rolling boat these days. Sad indeed.

tundraman67

Brandon, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/09/18 10:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I purchased a 2017 Forest River last April and it was in the shop 115 days last year with issues ranging from a major water leak on the roof (water pouring down from the upper bunk all over the cab), massive condensation inside (which caused the downpour), a generator that would never run, and other various repairs. I swore I would never buy another Forest River, but now that everything is fixed it's running perfectly and given us a couple of months worth of good camping. It was very frustrating and I contacted a lemon law lawyer and was told as long as the dealership and manufacturer are trying their best to correct the issue - you have to put up with the coach and live through the pain of making payments and not using the thing. I've learned through this experience to find a good dealership with an honest service representative and ask them what is the brand they see the most and what issues/returns they have and go from there. I think my next one will be used and probably either Newmar or Tiffin at this point based upon reviews and recommendations from various people.

Tundraman67
2007 Tundra DC 5.7
2017 FR Sunseeker 3010DS

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  All

> Don't buy a Thor product
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS