cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Has the extreme cold weather affected you?

Big_Redneck
Explorer
Explorer
Here in Pennsylvania has been very cold. In fact to cold to go camping. Last winter was a good year to winter camping.I am glad that I keep my little Motor Home in a garage. Maybe in March the weather will get better. I hope all is well and can't wait for spring to come. Stay warm
We don't travel as much as we use to. I guess we are getting old.I want to go out west one more time.
23 REPLIES 23

tenbear
Explorer
Explorer
jfkmk wrote:
It's been a great year for skiing though!!

Here in Northern Vermont, one day it got as cold as -22 deg. Didn't even go skiing.
Class C, 2004/5 Four Winds Dutchman Express 28A, Chevy chassis
2010 Subaru Impreza Sedan
Camped in 45 states, 7 Provinces and 1 Territory

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
Big Redneck wrote:
Has the extreme cold weather affected you?

Well ... here at home - about 2 weeks after the OP's post ... I had to change my T-Shirt in midday today cuz I got all sweaty working outside. I believe the afternoon high was around 75 degrees. ๐Ÿ™‚

P.S. We just got back from a 2 1/2 week RV trip to Arizona - some night lows in the 30's and some day highs in the 70's. We had to top up our propane tank about half way through the trip due to keeping the furnace on all night at times when drycamping.

Boy ... am I glad I left Michigan for California 56 years ago. Growing up in an unheated bedroom and having my car radiator freeze solid (even with anti-freeze in it) was no picnic way back then.
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

77rollalong
Explorer
Explorer
yes, been way too cold here to work on the outside of the motorhome, have been able to do some on the inside of the motorhome, as far as rewiring and laying down a new floor, redesigning the kitchen table area.

memtb
Explorer
Explorer
Kinda-Sorta.... just got our little class c this past summer. It was for trips of short duration, including some cool weather rvโ€™ing, as a test for itโ€™s wintering capabilities...weโ€™ve tried three outings. But....you folks back east have โ€œhoggedโ€ the cold weather. Every outing we have had planned....it warmed-up ??! So far, weโ€™ve only tested down to low teens. Thank goodness weโ€™ve got about 2 more months of winter.....so maybe! ๐Ÿ˜‰
Todd & Marianne
Miniature Schnauzer's - Sundai, Nellie & Maggie Mae
2007 Dodge Ram 3500, 6.7 Cummins, 6 speed manual, 3.73 ratio, 4x4
2004 Teton Grand Freedom, 39'
2007 Bigfoot 30MH26Sl

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
Pretty nice in Western Oregon - last year was a mess (10 inches of snow/ice) but January has been one of the warmest/driest I can remember. Got a couple of cold days around Christmas and that was about it. Feel sorry for my son in Indianapolis.
Kevin

Cobra21
Explorer
Explorer
Yes it has, it makes 10 and 20 degrees seem pleasant!
Brian

Racine96
Explorer
Explorer
I left WI in October for south TX. Even here we have a few nights in the low 30s but nothing like back home. More propane than prior years.

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, it made me work faster so I could return to the house sooner!
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

phillyg
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yes, it has. I had to wear socks with my flipflops, and I've worn long pants three days in a row, gasp!
--2005 Ford F350 Lariat Crewcab 6.0, 4x4, 3.73 rear
--2016 Montana 3711FL, 40'
--2014 Wildcat 327CK, 38' SOLD

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
George3037 wrote:
jfkmk wrote:

I'm too old to ski. I can easily break a leg at home.

You're never too old! I just returned from a ski trip with my 83 yo dad.

George3037
Explorer
Explorer
jfkmk wrote:

I'm too old to ski. I can easily break a leg at home.

ron_dittmer
Explorer
Explorer
j-d wrote:
ron.dittmer wrote:
Same HERE and a warm one at that.

Heated Garage, Ron, That is SO You! Probably warmer than our drafty FL house...
Certainly so, especially when considering the recent cold snap down there. ๐Ÿ™‚

Keep warm!

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer

George3037
Explorer
Explorer
Unfortunately cold weather in the N.E. is a given. Except for a trip to the diner for coffee and breakfast I'm pretty much housebound as its too cold for camping and very few projects to work on in the garage. The TT stays winterized 4-5 months every year here. Plowing snow is the only outdoor activity for a couple more months. Can't wait for spring (warm weather) to get here.