cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

REGISTRATION FEE'S

GHop
Explorer
Explorer
Hi travelers. We are in California and recently received DMV registration renewal fee of $700.00 for our 2016 35ft fifth Wheel. I was just curious, in your state what does it cost to renew your registration. ๐Ÿ˜ž
G.H.
58 REPLIES 58

Pure_Diesel
Explorer
Explorer
My 2003 29' Keystone Laredo is $139.00

TxGearhead
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know what it costs to register our 5th in Texas. Not enough to worry about.
No way I could live in some of the states.
2018 Ram 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4 Cummins Aisin Laramie Pearl White
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4
2014 NauticStar 21 ShallowBay 150HP Yamaha
2016 GoDevil 18X44 35HP Surface Drive

Campinfan
Explorer III
Explorer III
I feel better about Michigan's fee all the time now...one and done, no value tax or anything like that.

Fisher_Bill
Explorer
Explorer
In Oregon like mentioned they go by length and it says on our title that the model number of our 2010 North Shore is a 28RK so the DMV registered it as such.

After we got it home I measured the unit and from the tip of the bumper to the hitch it's almost 33'.

It was $300 to transfer title and two years of registration but I think it's about $200 every two years for tags.
2006 Chevy 3500 Dually 6.6 Duramax Diesel & Allison Transmission
2010 Northshore 28RK by Dutchmen
Our first fifth wheel!!!

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
crcr wrote:
I believe that some states assess a 'personal property tax' on vehicles, separate from an annual registration fee. I grew up in KS, but have not lived there for decades, but as I recall, that is what they did. In Arizona where I live, there is no separate property tax on any type of vehicles, towed or driven, only the annual registration fee.

In comparing costs state by state of owning and driving a vehicle on public roads (or owning and towing an RV or any trailer), to compare apples to apples, we need to include any property tax assessment (by whatever name they label it), to the cost of registration.

We did change our trailer registration here in AZ to give trailers < 10k GVW permanent plates, with a one-time fee. ARS are written to specifically exclude RVs, however.

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
crcr wrote:
jffnkrn wrote:
In Arizona, we are in Maricopa County and I believe based on cost or value of the vehicle and county you pay. I paid around $800 for my 303 RLS when first purchased, goes down each year, last year high $600, so this year will probably be low $600 or high $500. Vehicles do the same. Good Luck & Be Safe

Correct, annual registration costs in Arizona are based on cost or book value, not sure which, irregardless if it is a truck, car, RV, or boat. The annual registration cost declines almost exactly 15% per year, until it bottoms out I believe somewhere in the range of $50-80 per year. When our 2014 Honda Accord was new, the registration was between $400-500 for the first year, and has been declining ever since, was about $240 this year.

From the posts in this thread, it sounds like we are paying a lot more for registration here than many other folks ...

Another crazy thing about AZ's tags is that you can spend $200k on a NIB '65 Cobra kit car and it's still registered as a '65 car, so you pay minimum tags =and= have no emissions. This is why I'd love to drop my '02 D'max body on an '07 D'max LBZ frame. ๐Ÿ™‚

Lyle
1936 John Deere Model A

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
F-TROUP wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
Do they offer LUBE with that purchase???

Yes they do, but it's a dry lube.......

ROFLMAO!

Lyle
1936 John Deere Model A

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
GHop wrote:
Hi travelers. We are in California and recently received DMV registration renewal fee of $700.00 for our 2016 35ft fifth Wheel. I was just curious, in your state what does it cost to renew your registration. ๐Ÿ˜ž

CA, like AZ, dosn't have a "registration fee", they have a de facto property tax disguised as a "registration fee". My new KZ was > $350. ๐Ÿ˜ž

Lyle
1936 John Deere Model A

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
GHop wrote:

CA, like AZ, dosn't have a "registration fee", they have a de facto property tax disguised as a "registration fee".

Lyle
1936 John Deere Model A

crcr
Explorer
Explorer
I believe that some states assess a 'personal property tax' on vehicles, separate from an annual registration fee. I grew up in KS, but have not lived there for decades, but as I recall, that is what they did. In Arizona where I live, there is no separate property tax on any type of vehicles, towed or driven, only the annual registration fee.

In comparing costs state by state of owning and driving a vehicle on public roads (or owning and towing an RV or any trailer), to compare apples to apples, we need to include any property tax assessment (by whatever name they label it), to the cost of registration.

tinner12002
Explorer
Explorer
It was a little over $1600 to register ours the first year, should be a little less this next time. Thinking of changing domain to SD before then, suppose to be cheaper! My Ram is well under $300.
2015 Ram 3500/DRW/Aisin/auto/Max tow/4.10s,Cummins, stock Laramie Limited--Silver
Tequila Sunrise 2012 Ultra Classic Limited
2018 Raptor 428SP

Range_Maggot_Bo
Explorer
Explorer
dfb wrote:
800 for my 2015 Montana and 1400 for my 2017 ram...

That's outrageous! Probably has something to do with being so close to California. :R

Range_Maggot_Bo
Explorer
Explorer
GordonThree wrote:
Michigan the only state with one time registration?

No, we have that in Missouri. I'm not sure how much, but less than fifty bucks. I think it costs me less than twenty to register this year.

classic_31
Explorer
Explorer
$50.00. in ma.every year