cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2001 Winnebago Journey replacement parts - need help finding

Mrtwistertx
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought a 2001 Winnebago Journey wkp36gd. Can y'all give me some ideas on finding replacement parts? I'm having a hard time finding simple things like backup lights, etc. Thanks!
12 REPLIES 12

Mrtwistertx
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the ideas. Getting the Winnebago parts list & parts numbers has been a big help.

harley-dave
Explorer
Explorer
K Charles wrote:
Your parts book is right here at Winnebagos web site
After you get the part number you can get Winnebago parts from Winnebago parts. I've gotten several Winnebago OEM parts including decals from here.

Dave
2005 Winnebago-Itasca Sundancer 31C
2010 Harley-Davidson Soft tail Deluxe
2014 Harley-Davidson Street Glide Special
1999 Chevrolet Tracker 4X4
SKP # 121272

Fleet_Man
Explorer
Explorer
Many of the parts used on these coaches are readily available truck or automotive items. You would have to do a bit of research to identify them. For example, the headlight assemblies on my โ€˜07 Journey are the same thing used on a specific year/model Pontiac Grand Am.
2007 Winnebago Journey 34H
Toad, '08 Ford Taurus X
Blue OX, Aventa
US Gear UBS

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
If you go to winnebagoind.com and select resources, you will find drawings, manuals, and for mine at least a full parts list for my specific serial number as well as 3D walkthrough drawings of every subsystem where you click a part and the part number is on the right. Often, when I google those parts they come up on Amazon.com through the Winnebago store directly. I've got antennas, wipers, etc. that way.
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

whizbang
Explorer
Explorer
So far we've never had a problem finding parts for our 2002. Some stuff is chassis related, Ford, GM, Freightliner, etc. Most stuff is generic RV parts store items. Others are OEM specific, Winnebago in this case.

You just need to figure out where to look.

We have a Ford chassis. Using the Vin number, our local Ford dealer has had complete success getting chassis parts for us. Most other things I've got from the local RV store. So far, I have never had to contact Winnebago for parts.

Good luck.
Whizbang
2002 Winnebago Minnie
http://www.raincityhome.com/RAWH/index.htm

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
Your parts book is right here at Winnebagos web site

Jim
Explorer
Explorer
If you haven't already, contact Winnebago and they will email you tons of drawings and parts lists. They are difficult to wade though because there are so many parts, but the pay off is an official part number.

Take that part number and just google it. You will be surprised at all the hits you'll get. Often with sources where you can buy them, and substitute parts. Others have done the work for you.

My Winnie is a '02 and so far every part I've researched on Google has had a hit or several.
Jim@HiTek
Have shop, will travel!
Visit my travel & RV repair blog site. Subscribe for emailed updates.
Winnebago Journey, '02
Cat 330HP Diesel, 36.5', two slides.

femailyetti
Explorer
Explorer
After talking to my son, he says one of his teachers printed one for a car he had. I am not sure how large the lens needs to. But I have seen some neat stuff come of the 3d printer they have at Fl. Poly tech in Polk County. I assume that any large collage would have one.

femailyetti
Explorer
Explorer
plugs at Ron Francis wiring. I don't know haw to make a clicky,

http://www.ronfrancis.com/products.asp?dept=23

if the connector is to rusted or broken then

http://www.ronfrancis.com/products.asp?dept=58

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
Mrtwistertx wrote:
Thanks RK. I'll check out those places.
Bulbs are easy. Lenses & plugs are more of a challenge. The previous owner reinstalled the lens upside down, with the drain hole facing up. It filled with water & corroded the harness. Napa Auto parts was able to order a replacement for me.

ouch. good luck.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

Mrtwistertx
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks RK. I'll check out those places.
Bulbs are easy. Lenses & plugs are more of a challenge. The previous owner reinstalled the lens upside down, with the drain hole facing up. It filled with water & corroded the harness. Napa Auto parts was able to order a replacement for me.

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
Mrtwistertx wrote:
I just bought a 2001 Winnebago Journey wkp36gd. Can y'all give me some ideas on finding replacement parts? I'm having a hard time finding simple things like backup lights, etc. Thanks!

bulbs? those should be automotive style bulbs. otherwise try Colaw RV Salvage in Carthage, MO; Lichtsinn Motors in Forest City, IA; or Winnebago Industries Parts also in Forest City, IA.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle