Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: How to clean water stains on ceiling fabric
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> How to clean water stains on ceiling fabric

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
stripit

Prescott

View Profile

Posted: 01/22/18 12:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

phillyg wrote:

If the liner is the rug-looking fabric, spray an oxyclean/hot water mix on the ceiling, then use a carpet cleaner extractor wand to suck out the liquid.

Right on, I used my Bissell carpet cleaner with the furniture wand and Folex and a splash of the normal Bissell carpet cleaner. My water stain was at the edges of the ceiling mounted a/c duct that leaked water when the a/c mounting screws loosened up in a rain storm. My ceiling was almost black about 4-7 inches all around that a/c unit. Looks almost perfect now. Folex is sold at Home Depot.

Stacey Frank
2013 Tiffin Allegro 34QFA
2019 Tesla Model X
2015 Cadillac SRX we Tow
1991 Avanti Convertible

Dsuarez22

The United States

View Profile

Posted: 12/02/20 02:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I can say that it's a really hard situation, I had a similar problem, I couldn't clean my carpet, so I decided to use Google in order to find something about it, and some people on forums advised me to use cleaning services, I was searching for 2 hours for finding a suitable variant and I used service from one place, they provide rug cleaning. I can say that everything started looking as if it was brand new, and I'm pleased with the result. In my opinion, you need to Google something about these services, maybe it will be an expensive thing to buy but maybe it will fix your issue.

* This post was edited 12/16/20 01:26pm by Dsuarez22 *

stripit

Prescott

View Profile

Posted: 12/02/20 02:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dsuarez22 wrote:

I'm terribly sorry for posting here but I have a similar problem and I'm wondering if you managed to fix this problem

Which problem? the loose a/c unit or the stained ceiling? yes to both, took the grill down from inside the rv and tightened the 4 lag screws holding the roof unit to the rv. That stopped the water leak when driving in the rain. Then as above stated, Folex and carpet cleaner with the carpet cleaner machine.

doxiemom11

Victoria TX

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/02/20 08:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had water stains and tried the peroxide/baking soda paste -- It worked great. A little messy, but I'll use it again if needed. There is absolutely no residue or marks to show a stain was ever there and it does not stick out white, whiter than the rest of the ceiling. Make paste, brush in with a soft brush, let dry, I used a vacuum hose to get all extra off ( it will dry hard like cement). When excess removed, use wet white cloth and clean remained off working from outside to in - let dry and stains will be gone. Heavy stains may required a 2nd treatment, but mine didn't.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> How to clean water stains on ceiling fabric
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.