cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Highland Ridge build quality?

missouri_dave
Explorer
Explorer
I'm looking very hard at pulling the trigger on a new highland ridge travel trailer, specifically the 323rls, can anyone comment on the build quality/longevity of this companies campers good or bad?
5 REPLIES 5

Bob_Sue
Explorer
Explorer
Bought mine new, had a 2 year warranty, which I think has changed. Had a few minor problems (some were my fault), but had a reputable dealer. I am very pleased with my 5th wheel and do recommend the brand. Fit and finish was very good, and still shows after 5 years. Why not check out the Open Range owners forum, where you can discuss your model, and see how happy other owners are?
Bob&Sue
2021 Cedar Creek 34IK
2011 Ford F-250
6.7 litre PSD
Pullrite Superglide

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
When economic times are good RV demand is up. When demand is up the mfg.'s push them off the line, increasing the chances for the 'miss' in the 'hit-and-miss' as drsteve stated. Find yourself a reputable dealer willing to fix what's not working just in case the mfg. stops answering the your phone calls.

RSD559
Explorer
Explorer
This is our 3rd travel trailer and it is by far the best built. And, it also comes with lots of stuff that is less common on some other brands. Like all LED lights, inside and out, electric stabilizer jacks, all weather insulation, and a bunch of other stuff. The only problem we've had is the water pump. They used some cheap pump that has a very high failure rate. I had it replaced twice under warranty before the company started using the Shur-Flo pumps on all replacements. We are extremely happy with ours. We spent about six weeks in it on a trip this summer, and were very pleased.
2020 Torque T314 Toy Hauler Travel Trailer- 38' tip to tip.
2015 F-350 6.7L Diesel, SRW.
2021 Can Am Defender 6 seater. Barely fits in the toy hauler!

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Many misses.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
missouri dave wrote:
I'm looking very hard at pulling the trigger on a new highland ridge travel trailer, specifically the 323rls, can anyone comment on the build quality/longevity of this companies campers good or bad?

Highland Ridge is a subsidiary of Jayco, which is owned by Thor. I would expect their build quality to be on par with the rest of the RV industry, which is to say hit-and-miss.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP