cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Where to list my Silverado 3500 HD?

hoosblues
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I recently sold our fifth wheel, and I am getting ready to sell my truck. I am curious where my fellow RVers go when looking for a truck (Autotrader?, Craiglist?)
12 REPLIES 12

filrupmark
Explorer
Explorer
Our Police station has a Craigslist meeting spot in their parking lot with 24 hour surveillance cameras.
2004 Ford F250 Super Duty 6.0 Diesel, Bilstein 4600 Shocks, 16K B&W Patriot, Michelin M&S
2014 Augusta Flex AF34RS Trailair Tri Glide pinbox,
JT Strong Arms , Bridgestone R250'S, KYB Monotube Gas shocks
Finally a smooth ride !!!

rockintom
Explorer
Explorer
I put my 2014 3500HD Silverado on CL and had calls 5 minutes after I posted it. Had a total of 14 calls in 30 minutes. The first person to get here bought it in 3 minutes. Didn't even drive it. I had a very fair price on it. Lots of good info already listed here, but I would make sure to get a photo of the person's drivers license with your smartphone before the road test. That way they don't try to pull anything over on you.
Rockintom
'12 Excel Limited GKE 33 ft., trailer named "Charm"
'14 1 ton Chevy DRW D/A Reese 20K hitch Fold-A-Cover bedcover - truck named "Bullet" Fulltiming since 2005

garyp4951
Explorer III
Explorer III
There are also fraudulent cashiers checks being sent to CL buyers, so beware, and get the bank to approve it.

skidooman93
Explorer
Explorer
I would recommend only a cashiers check from a local bank, if the buyer has cash go to the bank and have them check it. Lots of counterfit bills going around.
2015 Ram 2500 SB 6.7 Cummins, 68RFE Rear Air Suspension
2015 Ram 2500 SB 6.4 Hemi 4.10's Rear Coil Springs (Sold)
Anderson UCH
2014 Open Range 367BHS
1 wife, 1 Son, 1 Daughter, 1 Red Lab that wont come in the camper because hes a big baby, so he stays home.

hoosblues
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the feedback. I just listed on CL and had 2 inquiries and one scammer in the first hour.
Great idea on checking with local RV sellers. I may also drive it to next RV show with for sale sign on windows.

jerem0621
Explorer II
Explorer II
May be surprised but Carmax may be an option.
TV-2022 Silverado 2WD
TT - Zinger 270BH
WD Hitch- HaulMaster 1,000 lb Round Bar
Dual Friction bar sway control

Itโ€™s Kind of Fun to do the Impossible
~Walt Disney~

jffnkrn
Explorer
Explorer
I have always had good luck with CL as well. As said earlier, just make sure you do the transaction at the bank or something to guarantee your funds will be your funds. give yourself some negotiating room as well so you have room to lower price a bit. Another option, go to the local rv dealer and put some feelers out for a sell. they may know someone in the market for a truck, won't interfere with them selling rv's. Good Luck & Be Safe ! ! !

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
CL you get local people and your close to your bank to make money transfer. Last 3 came from CL, reasonably priced they go quick.
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

George3037
Explorer
Explorer
Same here using CL. Sold many vehicles there. Just be sure to get cash or the check must clear before they get title.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
X2 just pick your buyers ,theres some not so honest people on cl.

IdaD
Explorer
Explorer
I've had good luck with Craigslist.
2015 Cummins Ram 4wd CC/SB

garyp4951
Explorer III
Explorer III
I listed mine on both, and sold on CL so I waisted $50. Try CL first.