cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Canadian National Park Passes

Texas_Roadrunn1
Explorer
Explorer
We are planning a trip to Canada this summer. I have been on the Parks Canada website and noticed that they offer a senior pass, however, I cannot tell if it is available to US citizens or not. Do any of you know the policy regarding the purchase of this pass for citizens of other countries?
17 REPLIES 17

AKsilvereagle
Explorer II
Explorer II

Wood Buffalo National Park Canada's largest national park, and UNESCO world heritage site is on the Alberta Northwest Territories border does not charge anything to enter the park, no pass is required.

Kluane National Park also does not charge a daily park fee as no pass is required either :

Sep 2015 - Kluane Nat'l Park Yukon Territory -Kathleen Lake-

Aug 2008 - Wood Buffalo Nat'l Park Northwest Territories

The only other National Parks in Canada I have visited are the Rocky Mountain four of Banff, Jasper, Kootenay, and Yoho in September 2011, 2012, and 2013.....was planning to visit Parks Canada again in 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 however either a health issue or mechanical issue would happen leading to lack of time constraint issue with only a yearly 3 week vacation timeframe allowed since I am still a working stiff with a long distance to cover upon a round trip...Last four years was either a turnaround or a plan B route somewhere else for me - but hey, at least I still made it to western Canada on a yearly basis since 2006 in my camper.

After 21 years of camper hauling with my 70 Ford Truck, it was forced to retire starting in 2017 as it is now an all purpose truck for the first time that I owned it...Took two of my three weeks of vacation time working on converting and upgrading my now current designated camper rig in 2017 as I did get to spend 6 days in Canada which was better than nothing in that regard, although I did not get to utilize my 2017 Parks Canada pass like I had planned to.

As noted by others, Parks Canada does not restrict senior passes to Canadian citizens.
1975 Ford F250 2WD Ranger XLT (Owned June 2013)
460 V8- C6 Trans- 3.73:1 (196K Total Mi)
2000 Fleetwood Angler 8ft Cabover
Air Lift 1000 (Front)
Hellwig 3500 lb Helper Springs (rear)
Hellwig Front and Rear Sway Bars
Goodyear G971 LT Series (siped)

JKJavelin
Explorer III
Explorer III
FWIW- It's a little late now, but at the end of the year they had 20% off passes for this year. I don't know if they do this every year or not. I happened to spot that on 12/31 on the park service website so I bought the annual family pass just in time. I believe it was $136.00 regular price minus 20% off, and about another 20% less for the U.S. exchange rate. I paid around $87.00. I don't recall if the discount also applied to the senior pass.
2018 Ram 3500 Laramie Cummins 6.7
2016 Open Range RF316RLS
Titan Disc Brakes
Trailair pinbox
Morryde AllTrek 4000 w/ wetbolt kit
Demco Autoslide
570 watts of Solar

2017-2022 555 Nights
2023- 106 Nights

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
1. If you are going to be in the parks (or combination of parks) more than 7 days, it is cheaper to get the annual pass.

2. If there is more than 2 adults, it is cheaper to get the family pass.
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos

fortsmithman
Explorer
Explorer
Wood Buffalo National Park Canada's largest national park, and UNESCO world heritage site is on the Alberta Northwest Territories border does not charge anything to enter the park, no pass is required.

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Here's a write-up on the Senior Pass which is good for U.S. citizens:

http://traveltips.usatoday.com/can-use-golden-age-passport-banff-national-park-108274.html
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

TripleE
Explorer
Explorer
We were there a few years ago and purchased senior passes with no problem. Hand over the credit card and they were happy. Unless they thought CA meant Canada and not Calif?
Bill & Treasa
Our Blog
USMC Retired MGySGT
2005 Winnebago Vectra 40AD
400 Cummins, Freightliner chassis
2004 Suzuki Grand Vitara 4X4

tony_lee
Explorer
Explorer
MDKMDK wrote:

(as a demonstration of US national gratitude, could you please encourage Mr. Zinke to extend the senior's discounted America the Beautiful annual pass option to your elderly Canadian neighbors? TY ๐Ÿ˜‰ )

While you are doing that, extend it to senior citizens of any country in the coalition of the willing.
Tony
Lots of photos with comprehensive captions at MY PICASA Album
Spotwalla map of our travels - Our Travel map

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
No problem. Hope you have a safe and interesting journey.

We only have about a dozen or so actual national parks all over the place, but we do have a few national historic sites and some other stuff they won't let us visit in case we vandalize it, or break something, or track mud in on the carpets.

(as a demonstration of US national gratitude, could you please encourage Mr. Zinke to extend the senior's discounted America the Beautiful annual pass option to your elderly Canadian neighbors? TY ๐Ÿ˜‰ )
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

Texas_Roadrunn1
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you so much, yes it would be nice if there was reciprocity. I appreciate all of you who replied. We're looking forward to visiting your lovely country!

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Why just seniors, MDK?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
Too bad there's no reciprocity. I ask every year if it's changed yet.
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
The senior discount is available to all seniors no matter which country.

explorenorth
Explorer
Explorer
The Parks Canada Discovery Passes are available to anyone, and there is no restriction due to nationality for the Seniors Passes (I just followed a purchase through using a US address).
Murray

Whitehorse, Yukon
http://ExploreNorth.com/
and blogging at http://ExploreNorthBlog.com/
I live to travel, and travel to really live

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
Wouldn't it be nice if we had a cross border reciprocity agreement to allow seniors on ether side to qualify for each others annual passes?

Here, here!!:B