VIDEO: Fixing my Truck Camper's Dinette Post Brace

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad II
Nomad II
7 REPLIES 7

AnEv942
Nomad
Nomad
I also assume, other than support when converting to bed, there is no end support for table?

As much as table moves Id pull the hinge off and peen leaves tighter. Especially utility hinges, one of my pet peeves. Just gripes me, first thing before installing a hinges is to drag out drift and hammer to 'fix'.
01 Ford F250 4x4 DRW Diesel, 01 Elkhorn 9U
Our camper projects page http://www.ourelkhorn.itgo.com

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad II
Nomad II
Kayteg1 wrote:
I had that kind of table in several RVs and boats and none required brace.
The floor mount was all it took.

That's the way S&S designed and built it. I can use the area open with no brace in the way. The brace makes for a solid table in use or when bumped.

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad II
Nomad II
jimh425 wrote:
Seems like something else is wrong if it needs a hinge. At lasts most tables don't have them.

The brace flips down, drops 3/4" and becomes center support for the counter top when I convert the dinette area into a second bed.

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
I had that kind of table in several RVs and boats and none required brace.
The floor mount was all it took.

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
Seems like something else is wrong if it needs a hinge. At lasts most tables don't have them.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad II
Nomad II
tuna fisher wrote:
Why a hinge?

When you take the post out, the brace flips down and becomes a center support for the table top when you turn the dinette table into a bed.

tuna_fisher
Explorer
Explorer
Why a hinge?
2001 GMC DM, 1995 Lance Lite, @005 Eclipse Toyhauler, Toy's!;)