cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Any Cirrus owners ?

phonemant
Explorer
Explorer
Just checking to see how many if any Cirrus owners are on the forum.Whats your take on the Cirrus and if you have had any problems with the unit.
10 REPLIES 10

TxGearhead
Explorer
Explorer
Friends have one of the little trailers with the Alde heat system. The Alde had a failure and was eventually diagnosed as a control board issue. No other comments from them about other issues.
2018 Ram 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4 Cummins Aisin Laramie Pearl White
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4
2014 NauticStar 21 ShallowBay 150HP Yamaha
2016 GoDevil 18X44 35HP Surface Drive

av8rds
Explorer
Explorer
Bump for any new quality comments on Cirrus as I'm looking at a 920 in the near future.
'06 X-cab Powerstroke Dually 4x4
'75 Ford Bronco Rockcrawler
'08 Land Cruiser Buggy

Travels_with_Yo
Explorer
Explorer
The manufacturer, Little Guy or whatever they're called now has been marketing the small T@B and T@G teardrops for years and we were not impressed by the build quality of our T@B. I had dozens of issues with things not working or assembled incorrectly or just breaking due to poor design and execution. We sold it after 9 months at a substantial loss just to cut our losses. We found that their pricing was quite high based solely on the novelty and "cuteness" factor which was their main appeal. This is their first attempt at making a truck camper so I personally wouldn't be tempted.

Camp_woof
Explorer
Explorer
A Cirrus 920 is currently what I want for full-time in 2019. I've spent hours in 800's, 820's and a 920 in dealer showroom. (they know me!)

Never noticed any smell, including a 920 that was received the day before!

There is a story online, maybe cirrus FB page, of some guy who bought 2 ... an 800 then I think the improved 820. He didn't have any issues.

JD5150
Explorer
Explorer
I doubt ozone would take care of off gassing. Might help if windows were left open for a month after an ozone blast. Problem is the glues will contiune to off gas for a long time especially when the camper becomes hot inside from the summer heat. I had a travel trailer that off gas for the two years I owned it.Trailer would burn my eyes when I walked in it on a 75/80 degree day.

Indiecognito
Explorer
Explorer
I'm very sensitive to chemical irritants. I haven't noticed any smells in mine or the 820's that I looked at at a different dealer.

SoonDockin
Explorer II
Explorer II
I looked at them recently at a truck camper sales place. Heavy off gassing smell inside of the two we tried to look at. Never notice that in lance, arctic fox, host and others.
2022 Ram Laramie 5500 60" CA New pic soon
2018 Arctic Fox 1140 Dry Bath
Sold 2019 Ford F450 King Ranch (was a very nice truck)

Indiecognito
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Cirrus 920. I luv it.
It's my first TC so I don't have much comparison but I'm happy to answer any questions I can.

JD5150
Explorer
Explorer
Wish Cirrus would give us an option for a cassette toilet.

Like to know the interior height of the bathroom if anybody knows

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Closest dealers to Los Angeles are in Phoenix and San Jose...400 miles.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad