Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: New Smoke Hollow Gas Grill
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camp Cooks and Connoisseurs

Open Roads Forum  >  Camp Cooks and Connoisseurs

> New Smoke Hollow Gas Grill

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Vintage465

Prunedale CA.

View Profile

Posted: 01/21/18 10:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So I got this Grill for Christmas from my bride and the kids. She knew I'd been looking at it for a while. I liked the fact that it has three different burners with individual controls. One of the burners is a smoke tray for chips. I wasn't real sure it was right for our trailer as we are pretty well compact. When I went to assemble it..........MAN!.....there is a lot of parts! But it went together fine. I didn't put the side shelves on it as they would take up precious space in my rig. Without folding the legs out I was able to fit it on my existing BBQ table with no mods. It has a grease tray to catch drippings.
[image]
I was able to easily keep the temp at 250 degrees with one burner shut off and the baby backs over that "off" burner. I damped some hickory chips and put them in the smoke tray. Made beautiful smoke for about an hour and half. I did turn the smoke burner down to help keep the temp at 250-ish.
[image]
The results were spectacular. I would say the ribs were as good as the ribs I make on my 22-1/2" Weber kettle at home. I was able to do one rack. I did have to cut them in half to keep them to the one side of the grill that was off. I think if you wanted to try and do two racks you'd have to rotate them back and forth to keep them from cooking to fast over the burner that his on............or maybe try and just use the smoke tray burner for smoke and heat.......... All in all, I'd say it's a good little rig that has more features than the Weber Q I've been using.......but having said that I don't think the Smoke Hollow is as high quality of a unit as the Weber Q

V-465
2013 GMC 2500HD Denali, stock....for now. 2015 Creekside 20fq w/300 watts solar. Retiring in 2021, then look-out road, here we come!

magnusfide

On the Road Again and Again and Again...

View Profile

Posted: 01/21/18 11:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the report. Haven't heard of that brand and I haven't found it on the web. Is this found only in Canada?

First law of science: don't spit into the wind.
Keep on rollin'!
Magnus

Itchey Feet

Wyoming

View Profile

Posted: 01/21/18 11:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I typed in "smoke hollow grill' and found listings in home depot, sams club and about 6 other places including amazon.

My feet are fine as long as they are traveling.

Old-Biscuit

Verde Valley

View Profile

Posted: 01/21/18 11:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

magnusfide wrote:

Thanks for the report. Haven't heard of that brand and I haven't found it on the web. Is this found only in Canada?

OP is from California

Smoke Hollow Tabletop

Retailers

Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
On the Road Debt Free April '07
Off the road still Debt Free Jan. '14

Ron3rd

Upland, CA USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/21/18 11:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Have not heard of that grill but it looks like a great setup!

2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

ADUS

Indiana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/21/18 12:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have one of their smokers. love them.
They are available anywhere. Amazon......

Vintage465

Prunedale CA.

View Profile

Posted: 01/21/18 12:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Camping World stocks them as well.

bob213

Fresno, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/21/18 12:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nice grill. Could you tell us more about your BBQ table.. Does it attach to TT? I may need to buy both [emoticon].

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality – Ayn Rand

Vintage465

Prunedale CA.

View Profile

Posted: 01/21/18 03:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bob213 wrote:

Nice grill. Could you tell us more about your BBQ table.. Does it attach to TT? I may need to buy both [emoticon].

That BBQ table is one that I made and installed on the trailer. There is a post in "do it yourself modifications" that shows the whole thing and how it stows. I will try and find it and get you the Post Title.

Vintage465

Prunedale CA.

View Profile

Posted: 01/21/18 05:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bob213 wrote:

Here is the link addy from the "do it yourself modifications". I've not tagged a link in one of these replies before so the link below may or may not work. Either way if you search "building and installing my BBQ table" you should be able to find it.

https://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/29160169/gotomsg/29473714.cfm#29473714

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Camp Cooks and Connoisseurs

> New Smoke Hollow Gas Grill
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camp Cooks and Connoisseurs

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS