cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

how to turn heat pump on

Patrick45
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2014 Cedar Creek Cottage and I never have had a need to use the heat pump.... So I also do not know how to turn it on. Any help??
9 REPLIES 9

hotpepperkid
Explorer
Explorer
SDcampowneroperator wrote:
Do you know that rv heat pumps will not run when the outdoor temp. is below about 40 f. They would frost up the evaporator and do not have a defrost cycle like a home air to air heat pump.
If your trermostat has choices like heat, cool, furnace, a/c, like ours, we choose heat. Our unit then uses heat pump until its too cold for it, then auto. switches to propane furnace.

Didnt know an RV heat pump played a different game than the one at home. I know they dont work worth squat when the temp is below 35. When it is 28 out it takes mine almost 2.5 hours to go from 68 to 72 in the house. It has an aux heat strip but try not to let it go into that mode as it spends the electric meter like crazy
2019 Ford F-350 long bed SRW 4X4 6.4 PSD Grand Designs Reflection 295RL 5th wheel

Patrick45
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to all. I found it.

SDcampowneroper
Explorer
Explorer
Do you know that rv heat pumps will not run when the outdoor temp. is below about 40 f. They would frost up the evaporator and do not have a defrost cycle like a home air to air heat pump.
If your trermostat has choices like heat, cool, furnace, a/c, like ours, we choose heat. Our unit then uses heat pump until its too cold for it, then auto. switches to propane furnace.

PastorCharlie
Explorer
Explorer
Use the Mode button to access the different features of your system. If it has a Heat Pump it will show as you push the Mode button. If it does not show (and you are sure it has a Heat Pump)then you will have to go into the Menu settings to enable it.

Try turning off all power (120V AND 12V) for a few seconds and see that helps when repowered.

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Can you tell us what the name of the AC/Heatpump is? What brand/model thermostat?
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

Dave_in_TN
Nomad
Nomad
Does your thermostat have an Electric Heat setting?
Dave & Christy / 5 Awesome Girls (28,26,24, 18 and 16)
2021 Grand Design Solitude 378MBS
2019 Ford F-350 SRW 6.7

Patrick45
Explorer
Explorer
Nothing in the manual..

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Your owner's manual doesn't cover this?
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
If itโ€™s like mine and many others your AC on the roof is actually a heat pump ( heat pumps both cool and heat ) and the thermostat has a mode for cooling, heating ( furnace ), heat pump. See if your thermostat has such modes.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT