Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Bantam B823SB interior height? / Thoughts on Shamrock 21SS
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Hybrid Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Hybrid Travel Trailers

> Bantam B823SB interior height? / Thoughts on Shamrock 21SS

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Yahooligan

Illinois

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/21/18 01:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Howdy!

We took a quick look at a 2004 model R-Vision Bantam B823SB yesterday, we're not interested in that particular year or model but I'm wondering if anyone happens to know what the interior height might be? I've dug as deep as I can on the ole interwebs but I can't locate the interior height info. It seemed like it might be around 6.25 feet?

I ask because I'm 6'1" and was wearing some winter boots so I was probably 6'3" and my head was pretty much brushing the ceiling. Looked in the bathroom and didn't even bother trying to fit in the shower as there was no domed skylight and the shower was raised a few inches.

We found a Flagstaff Shamrock 21SS not too far from us but haven't had a chance to look at it yet, specs show the interior height to be about 6.7 inches and the shower has a skylight. The punchline is that if someone knows the interior height of the Bantam then that would help with my search for an HTT on the internet so that I'll have a reference.

Hoping to be able to take a look at the Shamrock in a couple of weeks.

Thanks!

Hogan & Clan

3boxerss

Northwest Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 01/21/18 03:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

http://www.r-visioncamping.org/ someone on that forum may be able to tell you those specs.. We had a 2001 Bantam B19 and my 6'1 son had about two inches above his head in clearance . I still have copies of the manuals on my computer and none of them tell any inside dimentions...

Cyn & Bill & Thor, our Boxer
2017 Wildwood XLite 201BHXL
2016 Ford F250
Previous Camper 2001 Bantam B19 by Trail Lite

Steeljag

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/21/18 03:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Way back when, we had the Bantom B19, and I don’t recall any height issues, but I’m right at 6’0 .....it’s Florida so I’m in flip flops !

I do remember that shower being small and used only by the kids !

2018 Forester 3011DS
2010 Flagstaff 26RLS (Sold)
2012 Ford F-150 Screw Ecoboost H/D 3.73
1930 CCC
Going where the weather suits my clothes !

Yahooligan

Illinois

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/23/18 06:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That's alright, thanks. Not a big deal, I'll just find out what the height difference is when we go take a look in person. Once we pick up an HTT then we'll have owned pretty much every kind of RV out there.

Travel trailer, RV, pop-up, and now an HTT. [emoticon] We enjoyed the open air feeling of the pop-up and we bought a used one with a slide out, shower/toilet, etc. but it just wasn't convenient enough. No holding tanks, a tiny fridge that you could fit like a 6-pack of soda and a couple of sandwiches in, minimal storage space.

The TT was nice but we always felt closed-off from the outside when we were inside, so we think that an HTT will be the best of both worlds.

Looking forward to picking one up!

Yahooligan

Illinois

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/03/18 10:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well, we pulled the trigger on a 2013 Shamrock 21SS. Will probably pick it up within a week or so, very happy with the layout, features, etc. DW and I are super excited and can't wait for the weather to warm up so we can take it out. [emoticon]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Hybrid Travel Trailers

> Bantam B823SB interior height? / Thoughts on Shamrock 21SS
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Hybrid Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS