cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cochrane Campground COE Aliceville, Alabama

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thinking about stopping at Pickensville Campground, AL on our way to Fort Pickens, FL and just found Cochrane Campground COE Aliceville, Alabama, which would put us just that much closer. Unfortunately, due to the government shut down the Fed Recreation site is down and I can't check on needed info. Any one have any knowledge of the pros and cons of this park? Are the facilities; water, showers, dump, etc open in late February? Is the park open?
By late Feb. the gov. shut down should be over, I would think, but one never knows with today's politics.
Would this park be a good choice? Or what would you suggest?

thanks all
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!
3 REPLIES 3

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
johnhicks: thanks for the url. I've been over it and couldn't find the info I want. Just heard the Gov. is open again. Just have to wait for the Recreation.gov to go back on line. Worse case I can get a phone number and call when they're open.

thanks again. And all opinions and experiences with this park are still welcome.
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

johnhicks
Explorer
Explorer
I found this but don't know anything about it.

http://www.sam.usace.army.mil/Portals/46/docs/recreation/OP-CO/tenntom/pdfs/rec/brochures/cochrane.pdf
-jbh-

coolmom42
Explorer
Explorer
look on RVParkReviews. Probably some info on there. Search by state and then city.
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board