cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Delivering Sleepy's camper - The Video

sabconsulting
Explorer
Explorer
You may remember Sally and I drove Sleepy's camper from Oak Ridge to Tacoma in June 2017.

I've finally finished putting together a video of the trip.

Trip video

Cheers,

Steve.
'07 Ford Ranger XLT Supercab diesel + '91 Shadow Cruiser - Sky Cruiser 1
'98 Jeep TJ 4.0
'15 Ford Fiesta ST
'09 Fiat Panda 1.2
17 REPLIES 17

Boatycall
Explorer
Explorer
SoonDockin wrote:
Wow, professionally done imo.

I agree, dare I say it, but it could literally be aired on TV. It was interesting, well edited, and really good camera work.

I got to see Chet and his camper right after the work was done, great to see what it took to get it here.
'15 F450, 30k Superhitch, 48" Supertruss, 19.5's, Torklift Fast Guns
'12 Eagle Cap 1160, 800watts solar, Tristar MPPT, Magnum Hybrid 3k Inverter
'15 Wells Cargo 24' Race Trailer, 600 watts Solar, TriStar MPPT, Xantrex 2kw inverter
'17 Can Am X3 XDS Turbo

MrPhelps
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I watched it together and enjoyed it very much. You are very talented . Thanks for sharing your adventure.
- 2018 RAM 3500 Laramie DRW
- 2018 Host Cascade Dual Slide

LamboDesigns
Explorer
Explorer
Great video Steve. Thanks for sharing and now I've got some trip planning of my own to do:)
2013 Lance 855S with most options
2016 Ford F250 4x4 gas, 3.73, airbags, bigwig, homemade stableloads, 20" wheels with toyo open country II
Sold - 1989 Fleetwood Jamboree Class C

Clarryhill
Explorer
Explorer
Fabulous video, Steve. You and Sally certainly found some beautiful nooks and corners crossing this gorgeous piece of earth. Many thanks for putting the whole thing together for us. Found it extremely enjoyable.
2014 Ford F450 PSD
2017 Lance 1172

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
Certainly worth 20 minutes of my time. Thanks for posting.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

sonuvabug
Explorer
Explorer
Very nicely put together Steve & Sally. Brought back many fond memories of our travels through some of the same parts over the years.
2007 Adventurer 90fws Truck Camper
2001 FORD F250 SuperCab; 8' box; 4x4, 7.3l diesel, rear Sumo Springs

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad II
Nomad II
Nicely done, wished I could have met you in Seattle.

GpnAZ
Explorer
Explorer
Wow, what a great trip you and Sally had and great job on the video, I really enjoyed it!
2018' RAM 3500 Laramie CC, DRW, 4X4, Cummins w/ Aisin transmission
2019' Host Mammoth, 480 watts of solar
2017' Jeep JKU Rubicon
2011' Airstream Avenue
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gpnusa
www.flickr.com/photos/gpnaz
www.flickr.com/photos/his_cross

wski
Explorer
Explorer
Very cool. Your video inspires me to make the plunge and RV travel this great country. ๐Ÿ™‚

bka0721
Explorer
Explorer
I must say, I am very moved by this entire production. Obviously with the people seen and beautiful landscape that was traveled through. But Sally and Steve are friends and travelers I only hope to see many more times.

Steve, you may know but it needs to be shared by me, your narration was spot on and your voice wonderful. Sally's entry into many of the scenes, as well as her contributions were wonderful addition.

All the best to you both, as well as Janet and Chet for helping make this latest adventure possible for the Blackmans.

For others traveling through the Park, I work in, I would hope you would stop in to say hi, or join me on one of my programs, hikes and or kayak tours.

b
08 F550-4X4-CC-6.4L Dsl-206"WB GVWR17,950#
09 Lance 1191
1,560wSolar~10-6vGC2-1,160AmpH~Tri-Star-Two(2)60/MPPT~Xantrex 2000W
300wSolar~2-6vAGM-300AmpH~Tri-Star45/MPPT~Xantrex 1500W
16 BMW R1200GSW Adventure
16 KTM 500 EXC
06 Honda CRF450X
09 Haulmark Trlr

KKELLER14K
Explorer
Explorer
Well done. Is there going to be a update on the refurbished Lance? This is like chapter 1...many would have just moved on to something newer but it just needed some TLC. This idea of travel sharing has been built into my current home that I built. A stop off point for those that are passing through. I have 2 RV spots that I want to incorporate to the RV family eventually. I would be willing to bet that a network of RV.net people could share a nights stay to get you to your next destination without worry. Like our place is a destination too. You never know when you might have the same opportunity abroad.

c_traveler2
Nomad
Nomad
Very nice video you did, I see by watching it I'm going to have add a couple more places to my bucket list.
2007 F-250 4x4 /6.0 PSD/ext cab/ 2020 Bunduvry

Lance 815/ 85 watts solar panel (sold)
2020 Bunduvry by BundutecUSA

Travelingman2 Photo Website
Truck Camper Trip Reports 3.0
travelingman21000 YouTube Videos
Alex and Julie's Travels Blog

exhaustipated
Explorer
Explorer
Wow, what an awesome video. Thanks for sharing. I'm glad you got to stop and see our friends D. Gorton and Jane Adams in Carbondale, ILL.
2009 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4WD LT1 Ext Cab Z71 Long Bed Vortec 6.0L V8 SFI gas.
2012 Travel Lite 960RX
Torklift frame mounted tie downs with FastGun turnbuckles and a Lock and Load maximum security cargo tray.
Timbren SES
Curt front mount hitch receiver

tcguy
Explorer
Explorer
Great video, well done. Thanks for sharing.