cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Prime Time Crusader ???

drwwicks
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for information about Prime time Crusader 5th wheel. We are looking at getting a 2012 bunkhouse model to use as most time "beach house", bayou actually, and occasional tow some place. If I get it the price will be real good, bank repo. I've looked it over a couple of times and it appears solid. No leaks or delamination evident. Floors solid but I'll check more thourghly. But haven't been able to check out the systems. Fellow I know has it stored at his lot for the CU and has winterized it for me. Before I'm obligated financially I can take to get checked out and since I have a pole barn with 50amp full hookups, that seems to be ideal place.

The air conditioner, single 15K unit on the roof is ducted with no ceiling plate. Prime time literature calls it "quiet" but manufacturers claims are dubious at best. In truth how noisy and effective is the air? The trailer has only one a/c so we'll likely add a second. Hopefully it will also tie into the ducting but not sure at this point. Dometic 8 cuft refer that smells a bit musty and somewhat rusty shelves from not used and closed up. Figure we can refinish them if the refer works.

Basically at the price we can get it we can afford to replace most of the appliances and come out ahead, but hopefully everything works. Girlfriend plans to paint the walls to cover the crappy wall paper, possibly paint white the cabinets, and later replace the bunk room carpet with sheet vinyl. Other furnishings may get replaced too, i.e. dining booth, couch. Almost guaranteed that the queen bed will get a new mattress. We both like a good night's sleep.

So for Crusader owners or others with direct knowledge, how is the build quality? What red flags should I look for that are unique to Prime time and Crusader? Appreciate any and all info good and bad that can be provided.

4 REPLIES 4

Charlie_D_
Explorer
Explorer
Check the bottom of the bedroom slide outside corners. Poke around all the slides. I am a fanatic on keeping up with maintenance but found rot in those corners after 3 years. There is a Prime Time Crusader forum. Join it and ask questions, There has been an issue with wear on the bottom of the slides. Mine is one the bedroom slide and the fabric was torn. Fixed it by putting aluminum between it and the rollers. The bottom material used on my 2014 330MKS IS NOT water proof. It is called Darco. Overall a good camper and we have over 10,000 miles. I replaced the tires with LT ones.
Enjoying Your Freedom?
Thank A Veteran
Native Texan
2013 Prime Time Crusader 330MKS
2018 Chevy 2500 D/A Z71 4x4 Offroad
2006 Holiday Rambler Savoy 33SKT-40,000 trouble free miles-retired
2006 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired
2013 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired

Keithk3628
Explorer
Explorer
Drwwicks

Sounds like a good deal, Nenative is right, our Crusaders A/C is relatively quiet, and the second A/C in the bedroom is not ducted, and you being in Alabama will probably need the second A/C so I would plan on it.

As far as quality, we have only had our Crusader for 10 months and no big problems yet, I have repaired a couple simple cosmetic items but overall very happy. I still have to replace the China bombs but that is on the schedule.

Good luck, Keith

NEnative
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I have a 2014 Crusader 336. It is a mid level fiver so the quality is ok but it's not like buying a Redwood. The AC is relatively quiet, but if you add a second unit it will not be ducted. We have been satisfied with our Crusader but I have done a fair share of repairs on our trailer to keep it watertight and road worthy.

desiphil
Explorer
Explorer
Crusader is a decent build quality. Similar to the Sabre line. In 2012 Primetime was still relatively new so quality may have even been better than current units. Check for delam. I've seen a lot of Crusaders with delamination. If there are any Schwintek slides, double check that they work correctly.
2017 Ford F-350 DRW
2012 Cardinal 3450RL