cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It flys through the air with the greatest of ease

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
Well The Dakar Rally Raid has just finished 6000km over fairly brutal terrain.
It is a " race" more in common with the Roman Gladiatoal Games..Many paticipants and spectator's have been killed.
There are many classes. This Russian Kamaz 10 Ton Truck with a 1000hp Diesel competes in the Truck class . Pickups get slotted into the " car" class
Robby Gordon tried 8 times to win outrght. Best place 3rd. Strphane Peterhansel has won outright 14 times, 6 of those on a bike.
This years outright winner was Calos Sainz a multiple World Rally Champion. It was his 2nd win in the Dakar
16 REPLIES 16

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
STBRetired wrote:
Not a whole lot of traction that far off the ground.

It is amazing too see these huge rigs in action

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
Mortimer Brewster wrote:
RobertRyan wrote:

It’s amazing what filling the tires with helium can do.

10 tons and 900hp can make them.jump. Engine in this case is from Liberherr. They make everything from Commercial kitchens to 400 ton dump trucks

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
ShinerBock wrote:
IHI? What does that stand for? Never heard of such a thing.

The only thing I heard of is IHC which stood for International Harvester Company which renamed itself to Navistar International Company in the mid 1980's to focus on trucks and engines after selling off many of their other divisions in 1985. One of those divisions was their agricultural products which they sold to American company Tenneco which they merged with their Case division to create Case IH. It wasn't until over a decade later that FIAT bought Case IH. So I am not sure where IHI comes from?
Try looking around on the internet. You do know and are pretending to be dumb very easy to find. As a Troll ,Ford boy you are as subtle as a sledgehammer

ShinerBock
Explorer
Explorer
IHI? What does that stand for? Never heard of such a thing.

The only thing I heard of is IHC which stood for International Harvester Company which renamed itself to Navistar International Company in the mid 1980's to focus on trucks and engines after selling off many of their other divisions in 1985. One of those divisions was their agricultural products which they sold to American company Tenneco which they merged with their Case division to create Case IH. It wasn't until over a decade later that FIAT bought Case IH. So I am not sure where IHI comes from?
2014 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD
2016 BMW 2.0L diesel (work and back car)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 3.0L Ecodiesel

Highland Ridge Silverstar 378RBS

STBRetired
Explorer
Explorer
Not a whole lot of traction that far off the ground.
1999 Newmar MACA 3796 F53 6.8L
2016 Ford Edge Sport
Roadmaster Sterling A/T with Brake Buddy Select

Mortimer_Brewst
Explorer
Explorer
RobertRyan wrote:

It’s amazing what filling the tires with helium can do.
If ethics are poor at the top, that behavior is copied down through the organization - Robert Noyce

2018 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2019 Coachmen Chaparral 298RLS

Lessmore
Explorer
Explorer
RobertRyan wrote:
Lessmore wrote:
I couldn't find anything about FIAT owning any part of Navistar/International. I understand that VW owns 17 % of Navistar/International

I have heard that Ford owns Cummins, though, think I read it in this forum.:B;)

Volkswagen owns 17 % of Navistar International

Confusion iszin the name IHI the agricultural and industrial section went to FIAT.. Navistar took the International Truck section.Now VW wants to acquire Navistar

OK, got it. Thx.

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
Lessmore wrote:
I couldn't find anything about FIAT owning any part of Navistar/International. I understand that VW owns 17 % of Navistar/International

Confusion iszin the name IHI the agricultural and industrial section went to FIAT.. Navistar took the International Truck section.Now VW wants to acquire Navistar

Lessmore
Explorer
Explorer

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
Iveco, an acronym for Industrial Vehicles Corporation, is an Italian industrial vehicle manufacturing company based in Turin, Italy, and entirely controlled by CNH Industrial Group. It designs and builds light, medium and heavy commercial vehicles, 

On the other hand
Navistar International Corporation (formerly International Harvester Company) is an American holding company, that owns the manufacturer of International brand commercial trucks, IC Bus school and commercial buses, Workhorse brand chassis for motor homes and step vans, and is a private label designer and manufacturer of diesel engines for the pickup truck, van, and SUV markets. The company is also a provider of truck and diesel engine parts and service.

VW using Scania and MAN is in the process of aquiring Navistar.
So depends which IHI you are talking about.

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
blt2ski wrote:
Since when is IHC trucks owned by Fiat? It's still publicly traded etc in the US. I can not find searching that the truck part is a subsidiary of Fiat.

Marty

No they disappeared sometime ago. CNH is the other part of FIAT
Case IH is a brand of agricultural equipment. It was created in 1985 when Tenneco bought selected assets of the agricultural division from International Harvester and merged it into its J.I. Case Company. Today Case IH is owned by CNH Industrial, which in turn is financially controlled by the Italian investment company Exor, which belongs to the Agnelli family

westernrvparkow
Explorer
Explorer
Years ago I was in the Office of a GM for a Peugeot Dealership when a salesman came in and said a Peugeot had just won the Paris to Dakar rally. Without missing a beat, the GM responded "They must have had the fastest wrecker in the race."

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
I thought you guys only promoted small trucks... :W
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

blt2ski
Since when is IHC trucks owned by Fiat? It's still publicly traded etc in the US. I can not find searching that the truck part is a subsidiary of Fiat.

Marty
92 Navistar dump truck, 7.3L 7 sp, 4.33 gears with a Detroit no spin
2014 Chevy 1500 Dual cab 4x4
92 Red-e-haul 12K equipment trailer