cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Marshall Regulator?

Davidlee64
Explorer
Explorer
04 5ver. I have a dual propane tank system. All has been working fine since I resolved furnace issue. I decided to replace the valve on one of my tanks. I let the tank run out, then turned it off. I didn't have a full one to install yet.
I have a Marshall Model 254-00 auto changeover regulator. It has been working as designed. After I turned off the tank, I switched the regulator lever to the other full tank. Now starts the issues. Water heater is OK, stove also works OK. Furnace no longer lights off or stays functioning. Today I physically swapped the full tank to the other side of the trailer and of course pigtail. Now the furnace works fine. I filled the other tanks, installed one where needed, and turned it on. Furnace is back to normal operation until a bit ago. It failed to light and I had to toggle the thermostat to get it to light. I just had to toggle thermo again.
Does this seem like the regulator is taking a dump?
9 REPLIES 9

Davidlee64
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like the regulator is not the issue. I hear the furnace going through the motions, but isn't lighting at all now. I reckon it's time to pull the furnace out and have a look see.

Davidlee64
Explorer
Explorer
I replaced the regulator. I got one pigtail, but I am not having any luck finding the others. I am not sure what the fittings are even called. But I put it all back together with what I have. I bled some air out, tickled the thermo 2 times. The furnace lit up, and ran through the complete cycle and turned off at the proper thermo setting. Now to wait and see what happens when it starts to get chilly and I want some heat!

mobeewan
Explorer
Explorer
I replaced my regulator at about 7 years. Replaced many junk pigtails until I had a local industrial supplier make new hoses for me with propane rated hose and non standard end fittings. I adapted the rest. Much happier now. No hose leaks between the crimped fittings and hose anymore.

3oaks
Explorer
Explorer
newman fulltimer wrote:
Bad regulator those things dont last forever like everybody seems to think
Nothing lasts forever.

However, my propane regulator and original pigttails served us well for the ten years I owned our first TT. ๐Ÿ˜‰

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
newman fulltimer wrote:

While it is true "Those things do not last forever"

From the sounds of it his problem is the auto-changeover valve, NOT the regulator, They are separate devices connected by a pipe nipple.

Just so you know.

Recommendation.. A Genuine Propane Dealer, not a "Propane Station" but a Dealer, the kind who DELIVERS propane.. may even have the part you need in stock.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Davidlee64
Explorer
Explorer
Old-Biscuit wrote:
Replace those old pigtails also when doing the regulator

That is my plan as well. Thanks

Isaac-1
Explorer
Explorer
Probably for the best the rubber diaphragms in those regulators will fail over time, so like most other rubber parts they should be replaced every 12 or so years.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer
Explorer
Replace those old pigtails also when doing the regulator
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer