Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Generator, no power after 20 sec

whover
Explorer
Explorer
Good morning RV'ers,
Needing a little advice. I have Guardian (Generac) 004700 generator in my class C that runs flawlessly. After about 20 to 30 seconds I lose all power (no substantial load), even to timer remote panel in coach. Power off generator and wait about 2 to 3 minutes and same happens again. I have checked and breakers are fine. They do not seem weak or tripping. Any suggestions T/S this type problem. Thanks
6 REPLIES 6

whover
Explorer
Explorer
MexicoWanderer Voltage Regulator ????

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Irregulator is suspect

whover
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry for open end question. To answer a few replies, this setup does not have a TS switch. Manual switch over thru plug. No power at plug after 20 second run, nor power out from gen after 20 seconds. The motor continues to run just no power after that 20 seconds or so. The issue seems to be within the Gen

MrWizard
Generator is running?
No power in RV?

You need to verify power out

Start at the transfer switch, it might be failing

You need to open the cover and check voltages while generator is running

Get somebody who knows what they are doing

If the generator is ok, and it is a TS failure, their will be live hot voltage on those wires, coming from the generator to the switch
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

troubledwaters
Explorer II
Explorer II
You need to narrow down the possibilities from a few thousand to a few hundred. Get a voltmeter and start at the generator and work your way down the line to determine where the breakdown starts.

maddog348
Explorer
Explorer
got fuel ????