cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Best features

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
What feature in your motorhome do you like best. which one thing must you have in your coach.

Ours would be the huge storage in the basement.
Very simplistic service bay.
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.
21 REPLIES 21

rascalflat
Explorer
Explorer
Washer/dryer combo.

As part of the "spandex" set; i.e. road cyclists, we appreciate that the combo will wash and dry wet cycling clothes each day without transferring from one unit to another.

See http://newmarkountrystar.com/

bobkatmsu
Explorer
Explorer
Custom Drive (offered on Newmar, deal breaker)
King Size Bed
W/D
Storage
2010 Newmar Dutch Star DP
2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Diesel Pusher.
Tag Axle.
Household Fridge.
Aqua Hot.
Winegard Batwing Antenna.
Winegard Trav'ler or Pre-wire for same.
HUGE fresh water and holding tanks.
No DEF required.
That's off the top of my head.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

NCC-1701
Explorer
Explorer
A lot of good "best features" discussed already.

I don't know that this is the best, but it's one I really appreciate, and that's the basement A/C-HeatPump. No roaring A/C's overhead, a single residential air filter that's quick and easy to change out, more efficient to run for whole-RV cooling and heating or just to run the fan to move air.

After having one in my 2001 Journey, then having two RV's in between without one and having to clean about 10 little foam discs in the air intakes on my Newmar, it's pure pleasure to have one again in my current Journey.
"Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning." Captain Kirk in Star Trek VI 'The Undiscovered Country'

2007 39K Winnebago Journey "The Enterprise"
Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4

FIRE_UP
Explorer
Explorer
AllegroD wrote:
My copilot.

Best answer yet!

As far as any PARTICULAR accoutrement, well, to us, that's pretty hard to single out. We're not convinced a residential fridge is that important. Our fridge, a two-door regular RV unit has, for 14 years, performed flawlessly. And, in all kinds of weather. Our shower is more than fine for us, it gets us PLENTY clean and, we don't waste any water. The bed, well, it works and we get a good nights sleep on it but, a tad larger one might be better but, not manditory.

Having plenty of storage is always cool. We've got plenty now with our '04 Itasca Horizon 36GD with the C-7 330HP CAT. Lots of room for chairs, tools, and all the camping gear used on a regular basis. Probably too much storage as I'm probably over the GAWR of the rear now. No one's dead yet.

The 330 CAT is a great motor. It's power does well in hauling either our Truck with a Goldwing in the back or, our '15 JKUR.

So, as stated, it's pretty tough to say just exactly what single attribute is the best, or needed or can't be without etc.
Scott
Scott and Karla
SDFD RETIRED
2004 Itasca Horizon, 36GD Slate Blue 330 CAT
2011 GMC Sierra 1500 Ext Cab 4x4 Toad
2008 Caliente Red LVL II GL 1800 Goldwing
KI60ND

gonesouth
Explorer
Explorer
I'm surprised nobody mentioned air levelling. That's my favorite feature and I won't buy my next one without it. It uses the tires as the base to touch the ground and in soft areas it levels much more reliably than hydraulic.
Currently planning for retirement.....planning to build a small home in Nova Scotia for summers and someday year-round. Trying to sort out a good way to spend winters in central Florida as I can't drive anymore.

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Its paid for!

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
I have to say that I really like the heated floors.

It keeps the coach at more of an even temperature and we really don't need to run the furnace unless it's very cold. We also have two electric tow-kick heaters, one the kitchen area and one in the master bath if additional electric heat is needed.

Safe travels,
MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

Ductape
Explorer
Explorer
King bed. Lots of counter space.
49 States, 6 Provinces, 2 Territories...

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
My copilot.

NEHOG
Explorer
Explorer
Having our own washer/dryer. Size. DW says "Bathtub" is her favorite, along with the bath and a half so we each have our own baths.
My name is Peter, and I'm never growing up.
(Holiday Rambler 40 DFD)

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
another thing is the full queen bed.
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
For us, ALL residential appliances. Residential Fridge. Great shower head just like at home (no oxygenics for us!). Household water pressure (2 water pumps). Baseboard heat (Webasto/Aquahot). Electric fireplace. Convection oven. Gas cooktop (might replace it with Induction in the near future). 3 A/C units and a large generator to ensure everything works even when not connected to shore power. Satellite TV (Trav'ler or Eagle antenna) plus the best MiFi device(s) for cellular internet connectivity.
I like RVing but I like RVing best when I have the same creature comforts of home in my RV.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
Washer/Dryer combo. Doesn't work great, but way better than fighting for dryer space with the seasonals at a campground laundry.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox