cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Wall Removal?

ShadowCruiserKS
Explorer
Explorer
I've got a 2013 Shadow Cruiser S-280QBS, that Id like to remove the media wall at the foot of the bed. The reason is to create more foot room because it's only a 72" mattress. I'm not worried about dealing with the wiring and doctoring up the few screw holes that would be left behind, but rather if the wall itself adds structural integrity.

I see that 25' units are often without that center wall, and based on the shape of the shell and location of cabinets, I don't feel that this 30" wide wall offers very much in the way of structure to the vehicle. I'm looking to see if anyone has ever done this.
Thanks
4 REPLIES 4

BadgerMcAdams
Explorer
Explorer
Had to re-look at the year of the trailer...2013. Was going to say, you might want to ask if that would void any warranty on the trailer.

But, since that has probably gone the way of the dodo bird, carry on!

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
BurbMan wrote:

I would think your biggest issue is going to be replacing the two accordian curtains with one big one to close off the bedroom. ...

In our previous camper, I went to Lowe's Home Improvement store and purchased a wooden curtain rod. The rod was about 10 feet long, for a large window. I cut it length and ran a bunch of shower curtain rings through it. Then attached to each outer wall with those round plastic disks you attach to the wall in your closet to add a bar on. I used Liquid Nails to glue them on each side, and then a single small screw to hold it in place till the Liquid Nails dried. Then just slipped the pole right in. Very simple to do, and created a separate room in our camper.

Next camper, I wanted to keep the pole, but nowhere to put it since it had too many slides. I just left it in the old camper and let it go with it. I suppose someone the next owner found it most useful too.

and this wooden drapery rod:

Click here

We used 2 cloth shower curtains with backing that blended with with the camper's decor that provided more than enough length for an 8 foot wide trailer.

OP, you can remove it with not ill effect to your camper.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
Appears with a 'barreled ceilings' and a 'fully walkable' roof the entertainment center is just decorative

See pg 5
LINK

Course a call to Customer Service Tech Support would be wise

Phone: 260-562-3500
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Typical RV construction uses roof trusses that span from side to side so no supports are necessary to hold up the roof. If you look closely that cabinet/wall that you are looking to remove is probably framed with 1x2's and covered with thin paneling. Highly doubtful that the wall is structural.

Here is your floorplan:

Here's the floorplan for the 2013 S-225RBS, which is only 2' shorter than yours (26' vs 28'):

I would think your biggest issue is going to be replacing the two accordian curtains with one big one to close off the bedroom. Our old Sunnybrook had a big pleated accordian curtain that went all the way across like the 225RBS.

Our current trailer came with sliding doors on the front bedroom:

I had the same issue with bed length (I'm 6'5") and we were able to gain extra room by removing the sliding wood doors and putting in drapes that DW made. We actually like the drapes better because they absorb sound rather than reflect it, and the dog can pass through easier.