cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Glacier Park Montanna

1L243
Explorer II
Explorer II
Planning my trip for this summer to Glacier Park. I am towing a 36' Bumper pull Toy Hauler at 10k. I will be comming from the west and I was wondering if I should take hwy 28 off of 90 at St Regis which is shorter or take hwy 93 a little further east? Not sure of what hwy 28 is like for towing.
2017 Coleman 300tq by Dutchman Toy Hauler. 34.5 feet long and under 10k Gross. 500 watt Solar 2000 watt Inverter, 1999 Ford F250 2WD 7.3 4R100 DP Tuner, S&B Cold Air Intake, Gauges, 6.0 Trans Cooler, Air Bags.
8 REPLIES 8

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
dave_330 wrote:
I am also planning a trip this summer to Glacier. From Wisconsin I am thinking I94 to hwy 83 in ND go north to hwy 2 follow hwy 2 all the way to White Fish. Any thoughts I am a 40ft class A towing a car

We've done Hwy 2 a few times from the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. It's a nice relaxing way to go. As you enter Montana you'll soon come to Fort Peck Corp of Engineer park. It has a great campground with big sites. When leaving and continuing west you'll soon see why they call Montana 'Big Sky Country'! Then you'll start seeing the mountains of Glacier.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

GeoBoy
Explorer
Explorer
dave_330 wrote:
I am also planning a trip this summer to Glacier. From Wisconsin I am thinking I94 to hwy 83 in ND go north to hwy 2 follow hwy 2 all the way to White Fish. Any thoughts I am a 40ft class A towing a car

Dave, take 94 to 85 and visit Theodore Roosevelt NP on the way to West Glacier. There is a great RV Park in Columbia Falls, the Columbia Falls RV Park.

dave_330
Explorer
Explorer

IdaD
Explorer
Explorer
I would take the cutoff at St Regis, I've done it many times. That road would be fine for towing, and it saves some miles. Both routes are scenic.
2015 Cummins Ram 4wd CC/SB

GeoBoy
Explorer
Explorer
ohhell10339 wrote:
The scenery is much better on 93, as the trip from Missoula to Polson is stunning. Then you should keep going up the west side of Flathead Lake to Kalispell, which is also gorgeous. Furthermore, 93 is a little bit better road, so your travel time might be almost the same.

If you take 93 from Missoula, stop in Ronan and have a buffalo burger.

X2, beautiful drive up along the Flathead Lake.

jgrimes
Explorer
Explorer
I'd recommend taking the turnoff at St. Regis to US 200. Turn right to US93 and turn left. The turnoff road at St. REGIS is a beautiful drive along their Clark Fork River and a very good road. Nice drive and it cuts off some miles.

ohhell10339
Explorer
Explorer
The scenery is much better on 93, as the trip from Missoula to Polson is stunning. Then you should keep going up the west side of Flathead Lake to Kalispell, which is also gorgeous. Furthermore, 93 is a little bit better road, so your travel time might be almost the same.

If you take 93 from Missoula, stop in Ronan and have a buffalo burger.

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Both routes are just fine. Enjoy!
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel