Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

TR: 10 steps to get your friends hooked on TCing

anutami
Explorer II
Explorer II
Step 1:
help them find an affordable camper craigslist, and make sure they purchase Torklift tie downs and fastguns:

Found a good deal on a 2006 six pac 850, to fit on their 2500 chevy

Make sure your rig is taller and wider to ensure they can make the trek

Step 2
head for any remote area where boondocking is allowed.

step 3
make sure you stop along the way to enjoy the scenery

step 4
get out often and take pictures of their rig

step 5
also make sure to take pictures of your rig

step 6
select a campsite

Step 7
set up camp and hang out a bit

Step 8
Then show them around the place

Step 9
If someone is going to get stuck with cactus make sure it is yourself

step 10
head home taking pictures along the way ๐Ÿ™‚
2001 Ford F350 LB Diesel 4x4 CrewCab Stick
2015 Wolf Creek 850 Thermal Pane Windows, Oven, Reinforced Anchor Bolts, 200w Solar, Torklift Tie Downs, Fastguns, Stableloads
17 REPLIES 17

PatrickA51
Explorer
Explorer
Mello Mike wrote:
Great post, Nolan. I agree with your 10 steps.

Posted By wrote:

Negativity - another family taking up a boondock site, it's starting to get crowded in some spots.

Positive note - another family spending time together camping is a sure fire way to have the kids grow up to be wonderful parents.

Positive definitely out weighs the negative. Yeah, think you've done a good job getting another family out there camping. Not to mention another great trip report.

I could agree more with both of your posts.
I do have to say though the most positive note is that a "Good Time" was or looks to have had by all!
Great photo's and write up. If you don't mind me asking where and when were these photo's taken.

Yeti_plus
Explorer
Explorer
The real success is when they sneak away for a weekend (or longer) without asking you along.And maybe submitting trip reports of their own!
Excellent work and great trip report.
Brian
2014 Chevrolet 3500 CC 4X4 Duramax, Tork Lift Tiedowns, TorkLift Fastguns, Superhitch and supertruss
2009 Jayco 213 SOLD
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4

kohldad
Explorer
Explorer
Negativity - another family taking up a boondock site, it's starting to get crowded in some spots.

Positive note - another family spending time together camping is a sure fire way to have the kids grow up to be wonderful parents.

Positive definitely out weighs the negative. Yeah, think you've done a good job getting another family out there camping. Not to mention another great trip report.
2015 Ram 3500 4x4 Crew Cab SRW 6.4 Hemi LB 3.73 (12.4 hand calc avg mpg after 92,000 miles with camper)
2004 Lance 815 (prev: 2004 FW 35'; 1994 TT 30'; Tents)

GoinThisAway
Explorer
Explorer
Nice! That would make me want to buy a truck camper if I didn't already have one!
2008 Dodge 3500 DRW 4x4
2008 Bigfoot 25C10.4
Torklift/Fastguns/Hellwig/StableLoads

Mello_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
Great post, Nolan. I agree with your 10 steps.
2016 Northstar Laredo SC/240w Solar/2-6v Lifeline AGMs/Dometic CR110 DC Compressor Fridge
2013 Ram 3500 4x4/6.7L Cummins TD/3.42/Buckstop Bumper with Warn 16.5ti Winch/Big Wig Rear Sway Bar/Talons w/SS Fastguns
My Rig
1998 Jeep Wrangler
US Navy Ret.

whazoo
Explorer
Explorer
Incredible pictures!! I don't know though, those kids look like they're from "The Hills Have Eyes" hah. Well in one picture anyway. Keep up the good work!

GpnAZ
Explorer
Explorer
Beautiful pics and fun way of writing your trip report! Thanks for sharing!
2018' RAM 3500 Laramie CC, DRW, 4X4, Cummins w/ Aisin transmission
2019' Host Mammoth, 480 watts of solar
2017' Jeep JKU Rubicon
2011' Airstream Avenue
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gpnusa
www.flickr.com/photos/gpnaz
www.flickr.com/photos/his_cross

joeshmoe
Explorer
Explorer
Nice work, Nolan.

One of these days, we'll have to meet up down there. My 7 and 9 yr old niece and nephew would have a blast
2014 Northwood Wolf Creek 850
2005 Ford F350 SRW SuperCab/LongBed 6.0 Powerstroke
QuickTrick's Towing Tune
Torklift Tie Downs/Fastguns/Upper/Lower Stableloads
Rancho 9000's

K_Mac
Explorer
Explorer
Step 11, start all over next week. Beautiful scenery, that makes all the shakin, burnin, n floodin worth it, CA. has such beauty it amazes me, you guys on the left are surely blessed.

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer

This had to hurt.
Ask me how do I know.

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
Nice TR and looks like a lot of fun with memories!

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

cewillis
Explorer
Explorer
That is very fine work there, anutami. And a nice looking TR too.
Cal

Tiger4x4RV
Nomad
Nomad
mike/kellie wrote:
What a great recipe for success. Pictures and memories to last a lifetime and having kids put value to the outdoors.

X2

Thanks for the great TR, even though it makes me feel a bit homesick for my former stomping grounds.
2006 Tiger CX 4x4, 8.1 L gas V-8, Allison 6-speed

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
Darn you. The scenery is just your backyard?
I think my friends would be happy there with tarp over the head.
Good job.