cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How To Clean Dirty Cloth Uphostery?

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
With a can of miracle spray foam whazzit-company, and a brush? I'm talking dark human skin oil stains from myself, and then family. I didn't choose the light gray fabric. My choice would have been a camouflage of mango stain, drool, strawberry ice cream, and dirty diesel lube oil.

I've got a chance to pick some up in February and I haven't got the budget to play the spectrum of cleaners. The stuff they have down here would probably slay the Alien (from the movie). But it's for general use, concentrated in a bottle with a skull and crossbones on the label.
10 REPLIES 10

Dennis12
Explorer
Explorer
I have a small Bissell Little Green upholstery cleaner that I bought years ago. It is one of the better things that I have purchased. Small spots in the house, carpet, furniture, what ever. I tried all of the upholstery/carpet cleaner solutions there are. You can get this Fabuloso at Walmart or Dollar stores. Cheep and the best I have found for about anything that needs cleaned. Its great
Dennis Hoppert

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
for any spots left after using the ideas above, use some "spot shot" it's amazing at removing very many stains we've had on carpet, clothes etc. the best version is in a spray can.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
I just use Awesome diluted with water for my chairs and rug stains from grease,oil,pine sap etc that I track in. For $1.00 a bottle and a mix of 10 parts water you won't find a cheaper cleaner.

ROBERTSUNRUS
Explorer
Explorer
๐Ÿ™‚ Hi, the best thing that I ever used was Ford Upholstery Cleaner.
๐Ÿ™‚ Bob ๐Ÿ™‚
2005 Airstream Safari 25-B
2000 Lincoln Navigator
2014 F-150 Ecoboost
Equal-i-zer
Yamaha 2400

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Those mantas come from China now. Not used to sweeping dirt under the azuelo so I'll go with the chemical clean cure.

DiskDoctr
Explorer
Explorer
Nice tips ๐Ÿ˜‰

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
When I lived in Mexico we just threw one of these over the stained couch upholstery...
Couple of pesos ....problem solved.

"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

STBRetired
Explorer
Explorer
For really dirty upholstery we have used Dawn and Oxyclean with water. So pretty much what Merrykalla said.
1999 Newmar MACA 3796 F53 6.8L
2016 Ford Edge Sport
Roadmaster Sterling A/T with Brake Buddy Select

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Straight detergent to hydrogen peroxide, huh? Wow! I'll get a nice spray bottle at Home Despot when I go north.

THANK YOU!

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
This is the best upholstery cleaner I have found. I use it on a microfiber couch that is a light tan and it works wonders.

Mix 1/2 cup Dawn Dish Soap and 1 cup hydrogen peroxide. Once the Dawn soap is mixed in well add to a small spray bottle.

Lightly spray the upholstery that you need to clean. I have found this works best when you do small areas. If you are trying to get out a large stain try doing about a foot at a time. Next, let the upholstery cleaner sit on the fabric for 2-3 minutes.

After the cleaner has soaked in for a few minutes take a microfiber cloth or old rag and gently scrub. The stains should just disappear. If the fabric feels very soapy you can get the microfiber cloth wet and gently blot the area.
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW