cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Las Vegas Mecum Motorcycle Auction

Supercharged
Explorer
Explorer
1700 cycles going up for auction. Every year it seems like less american bikes are being sold and more imports.
It might be so many who ride large twins are to old to ride anymore. I see there stock has been hammered over the last year or so to.
Bonham are also have a auctiion down on the strip and will be selling another 700 I think.
A good friend has put in 110 of them in Mecum auction this year, he has 500 cycles now in his collection.
Thats a lot of cycles to put on the back of the RV.
How many plan to atend the auction this year?
We leave tomorrow to go up.
I will buy you a cup of coffee if we met up.
So big a world, so little time to see.
8 REPLIES 8

Supercharged
Explorer
Explorer
MrWizard wrote:
I much prefer bikes from the 60s the 80s
Even a lot of early bikes appeal to me
I am not into sport bike crotch rockets, aka race bikes

I love looking at vintage MC's
But i won't be in Vegas for the auction

1989-90 Crotch rocket, Honda "RC 30 sold for $92,000, that cycle was $30,000 five years ago.
I know someone who has one just like that with 0 miles on it.

Supercharged
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
I would think with 1700 cycles up on the auction block it won't be all vintage, probably not even mostly vintage. Personally I don't care much for anything built before the 60's. Maybe a Vincent or one of the desert sleds, but most old bikes just look too agricultural.

Vincent sold for $929,000

westend
Explorer
Explorer
most old bikes just look too agricultural.
Lol, never thought of "agricultural".
My old '46 Knucklehead sure didn't seem agricultural,....unless your tractor had the hand shifter on the left side and an adjustable distributor that could throw you over the machine when starting, tee hee.

If I was in Vegas, I might visit the auction. Sometimes you see some exceptional rolling stock pass through.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
The Barber Motorcycle Museum near Birmingham, Alabama has an absolutely superb collection of early/semi-modern bikes, but only a few before the 50's. Supposedly any bike in the museum is capable of being run with only a minimum of prep. Easy to spend a day or two there.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
" most old bikes just look too agricultural."

That is a good description of many vintage bikes, seems they had a tractor type seat.

I don't mind looking at a few old bikes...a few hundred no, I'd rather be riding. I like the go fast canyon race bikes, gets the adrenaline going, makes you and bike feel like one. Never cared to collect anything...out with the old, move on with the new.

I'd enjoy having coffee with you, but no, I won't be there.

Jerry

MrWizard
I much prefer bikes from the 60s the 80s
Even a lot of early bikes appeal to me
I am not into sport bike crotch rockets, aka race bikes

I love looking at vintage MC's
But i won't be in Vegas for the auction
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would think with 1700 cycles up on the auction block it won't be all vintage, probably not even mostly vintage. Personally I don't care much for anything built before the 60's. Maybe a Vincent or one of the desert sleds, but most old bikes just look too agricultural.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Skid_Row_Joe
Explorer
Explorer
Vintage motorcycle auctions are miniscule niche markets.