Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Life above the Arctic Circle -- looks like fun to me!
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Canada and Alaska

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Canada and Alaska  >  Alaska

> Life above the Arctic Circle -- looks like fun to me!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
sue.t

Ibex Valley, YUKON

View Profile

Posted: 01/30/18 09:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I love Yukon winters. We walk our dogs twice a day regardless of the temperature, even at -40. Just need to dress appropriately.

We also snowshoe, ski, ski-doo and take daytrips to sightsee the mountain ranges along the Haines Road and Kluane area. It's beautiful! Liard hot springs is also great at -40 !

Maybe because I was born and raised here, it is quite normal for me. Hated the rain, rain, rain, rain, rain when I lived on Vancouver Island for 30 years.

Liard Hot Springs in December 2001 at -40F
[image]

sue t.
Pictures from our many RV Adventures to Yukon & Alaska from Vancouver Island. Now we live in Yukon!

lakeside013104

North America

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/06/18 03:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GordonThree wrote:

Why go someplace hot? Sweating isn't my idea of fun.

We think alike. Anything about 78F is above my comfort zone. 60F is short sleeve weather. 50F makes a campfire feel good.

Lakeside

lakeside013104

North America

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/06/18 03:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

sue.t wrote:

I love Yukon winters. We walk our dogs twice a day regardless of the temperature, even at -40. Just need to dress appropriately.

We also snowshoe, ski, ski-doo and take daytrips to sightsee the mountain ranges along the Haines Road and Kluane area. It's beautiful! Liard hot springs is also great at -40 !

Maybe because I was born and raised here, it is quite normal for me. Hated the rain, rain, rain, rain, rain when I lived on Vancouver Island for 30 years.

Liard Hot Springs in December 2001 at -40F
[image]

We often snow shoe the north Maine woods at -20F. I am not sure I could do that at -40F. That is serious cold. Many years ago I trapped at -40 below. Very easy to chill any exposed flesh if you are not careful.

Great picture Sue.

Lakeside

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Canada and Alaska  >  Alaska

> Life above the Arctic Circle -- looks like fun to me!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Canada and Alaska

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS