cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

mirrors for 2017 ford expedition

thinken
Explorer
Explorer
Although they have provided a great tow package with a tow capacity of 9,200 lbs., Ford does not offer or make extendable trailer mirrors for their 2017 Expedition. I can't believe it!. Anybody out there with a solution would be greatly appreciated.
26 REPLIES 26

fdwt994
Explorer
Explorer
X2 for the McKesh. Ugly, yes, but solid and great field of view. I used them for almost a decade with no issues.
2018 F250 6.2 Crew Cab
2018 Salem Hemisphere GLX 312QBUD
A family who loves to camp!

frisco_dave
Explorer
Explorer
I'm using the Camco "tow and see" suction cups with "safety string" to prevent complete droppage. $20 at Walmart.

Been using them for 8 years now...they work fine. Just clean off the side view mirrors with windex before I stick them on, and...never really had an issue.
2011 KZ Coyote 232SS
2011 Expedition 3.73

OleManOleCan
Explorer
Explorer
coolmom42 wrote:
donn0128 wrote:
Check the parts books. My guess the door skins are the same. If so 250/350 mirrora should bolt right on.

This.

A friend got some F250 mirrors from a junkyard for his F150... the big rectangular kind that stick way out. Great for towing.

..................................................................................................................................
I love the old ugly Elephant Ear Mirrors.
I had em on my F-250 Diesel and learned to love them.
My wife has driven my trucks and loves the huge mirrors.

My 3.5 Ecoboost has the Elephant Ear Mirrors too.
My advice is if you can get the big Elephant Ear Mirrors, get em.
They are a towing dream.

BubbaChris
Explorer
Explorer
thinken wrote:
Thanks for all the responses to my query about trailer mirrors for my new 2017 Expedition. Mirrors for other fords, F-150, 250 etc. do not fit. Not being able to find any replacement mirrors I ended up purchasing clamp-ons, Dometic DM-2912 Milenco Grand Aero 3 for $100 on Amazon. There is just enough room to clamp on to the upper lip of the standard Expedition mirrors. ( I do not have the optional mirrors with turn signals, but I don't think that matters because the signal is on the bottom of the mirrors and the basic shell I believe is the same.) They are easy to attach and remove, seem secure and will fold in with the standard mirrors. They vibrate a little but are much better than my old cheap strap-ons. Shame on Ford for not providing a better alternative but until they do I will go with these. Safe travels!

I've been using the Grand Aero 3 for 5 seasons on my 2013 Expedition. Not super clear (because they are light and vibrate), and the screw holding the mirror on loosens over time. But otherwise I've been very happy with my purchase. I spotted a more custom fit slip-over type at a local RV place, but I haven't priced them or researched them.

Best regards,
Chris
2013 Heartland North Trail 22 FBS Caliber Edition
2013 Ford Expedition EL with Tow Package

Jayco254
Explorer
Explorer
I tried different generic mirrors on my 2008 Expedition but found out I do my best by using the factory mirrors with a backup camera that is turned on anytime the ignition is on and it's mounted on the rack that holds our portable sewer container.
Tom, Kathy, Nikki, & Kelly
Pets: Lady - Texas Heeler, Dinger - Rhodesian Riidgeback Mix
2008 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4x4 5.4 ci 3.73 gears
2008 Dodge Ram SLT Big Horn 4x4 5.7L Hemi 3.92 gears
2007 Jayco Jayfeather EXP 254
Husky W/D, P-3

Beachums
Explorer
Explorer
These should work

Aside from a few minor changes, the 2015 and 2017 expeditions are largely the same.

I will check and see, but I think I have my left over pair from my expedition if you want to try them. just pay for shipping and they're yours. Let me know if I need to go digging in my attic.

2004 Ford Expedition 4X4 3.73 w/quick shift kit
Reese DC Straight Line/ Prodigy P2 Controller
2010 Coleman CT 250 GS

All_I_could_aff
Explorer
Explorer
Iโ€™m surprised there was no factory tow mirror option
1999 R-Vision Trail Light B17 hybrid
2006 Explorer Eddie Bauer
2002 Xterra rollinโ€™ on 33โ€™s
1993 Chevy Z24 Convertible
Lives in garage 71,000 miles

OleManOleCan
Explorer
Explorer
coolmom42 wrote:
donn0128 wrote:
Check the parts books. My guess the door skins are the same. If so 250/350 mirrora should bolt right on.

This.

A friend got some F250 mirrors from a junkyard for his F150... the big rectangular kind that stick way out. Great for towing.

I call my mirrors 'ELEPHANT EARS'.

Overkill, but great for towing.

thinken
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the responses to my query about trailer mirrors for my new 2017 Expedition. Mirrors for other fords, F-150, 250 etc. do not fit. Not being able to find any replacement mirrors I ended up purchasing clamp-ons, Dometic DM-2912 Milenco Grand Aero 3 for $100 on Amazon. There is just enough room to clamp on to the upper lip of the standard Expedition mirrors. ( I do not have the optional mirrors with turn signals, but I don't think that matters because the signal is on the bottom of the mirrors and the basic shell I believe is the same.) They are easy to attach and remove, seem secure and will fold in with the standard mirrors. They vibrate a little but are much better than my old cheap strap-ons. Shame on Ford for not providing a better alternative but until they do I will go with these. Safe travels!

mailman-ret
Explorer
Explorer
If you are interested in mirrors that have no vibrations in them,you might do good checking out the McKesh mirrors. Amazon.com has new sets for $153.95 with free shipping. I purchased a set from Hensley in 01, and had them mounted a '99 Explorer, a '05 and '09 F150. They hook into the window channel and over the bottom of the door. Everything that touches the door paint has a 1/4" rubber pad adhered to it. On the three vehicles we had the mirrors mounted and removed a numerous times each year without leaving a mark of any kind. To insure the vehicle receives
no damage is to insure tie pads and door mounting areas are clean each time prior to mounting.

We only sold ours in 2011 as we purchased a 2011 F250 with the electric extendable and folding mirrors, and we just didn't need them anymore.

With the price that I have stated, there are two 4" convex spot mirrors that greatly assist your observations of surrounding traffic.
Don & Deb: US Army CW2(R), DECA AstMgr(R) USPS Letr Carrier(R)
2016 Ford F250 Lariat Supercrewcab 6.2Ltr V8 4X4
2017 Dutchman DENALI 289RK
Ford in dash MTD Prodigy Type Brake Control
Hensley Arrow Anti-Sway Device

FF286
Explorer
Explorer
Check discount body parts. Com Iโ€™ve bought a set for 2 different trucks, and sent a few friends there. They are not the same quality as OEM but for around $90 each for heated/power they are much cheaper.

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
APT wrote:
I have the Grand Aero 3 which are a little better than the CIPA I used on my F-150 and K-Source snap on models I used on the same Suburban.

Your link brought up the Milenco Aero 3 for me, not the Grand Aero 3 which is the same concept but a different style.
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

gmw_photos
Explorer
Explorer
I used the grand aero on my Frontier in it's early days of towing, before I put twin arm tow mirrors on it. The GA worked fine.

Those of you that have this mirror will notice that I have cut the rod shorter. Set up this way I could easily see past my 7' wide funfinder, and also keep an eye on the trailer tires.

GrandpaKip
Explorer
Explorer
jerem0621 wrote:
Iโ€™d buy some Grand Aeroโ€™s and call it done

This. Really happy with our Aero 3 mirrors. I would think the Grand Aero mirrors would be just as good.
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch