cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Awning replacement

Desert_Captain
Explorer II
Explorer II
I got a quote from Shade Pro to replace our 6+ year old awning {the original Carefree Rv'R} while we were at Quartzsite last seek. Unfortunately, they were so busy doing installs they could not get to ours before we needed to leave. I asked if they did work in Tucson and they were happy to say yes.

Our old awning had 6 years in the Arizona sun and numerous pinholes {and a couple of larger than "pinholes"} were showing light through. More than a little mildew had built up as well and I just did not see one more application of Gorilla Tape as being feasible. :S

The tech came out to our home this morning and in just over an hour he had the new awning on and adjusted snug. It is 13 oz vinyl and came with a 3-year warranty. The quote was for $379 {$389 with tax} and his install was excellent. I had previously gotten quotes from 3 local outfits that started at $600 and went up from there.

:C
4 REPLIES 4

davidc70
Explorer
Explorer
Quite the opposite for me. A quote for a 21' a vinyl awning in west Mesa Az. was $980.00 :E
1999 Dodge Ram Cummins 24 Valve Turbo Diesel
DTT Trans, DDUFM Fueling Box
32' Citation 5th Wheel
1970 Plymouth roadrunner

stripit
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Desert Captain for this review, I too need to replace my awning and will contact them this spring to see what they can do for me. I could drive down to Phoenix is need be.
Stacey Frank
2016 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40AP
2019 Tesla Model X
2015 Cadillac SRX we Tow
1991 Avanti Convertible

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for posting up this experience. It helps many of us to know that there are quality service professionals out there, in different parts of the country. I have made a note of Shade Pro if I ever need any awning work.
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

path1
Explorer
Explorer
While I hate to give any "ata-boys" to any business, Shade pro has really stepped up for me. My awning didn't deploy right, saw shade pro tech at neighbors, I walked over and asked him to take a look. He "deployed" awning and said he would be back later and gave me his card. Later that day I gave him a call to ask why he "blew" me off, when he said he would be back. He said he was still coming but had other appointments and wanted to be on time for them. Sure enough maybe 7 at night he shows up. Made some adjustments and when I hit the button, awning worked great. He tells me OEM didn't adjust it right. I ask him "how much" he says nothing. I offered money again and he says "just give us a call when you need awning work" I still have his card in RV and I bet I've given out referrals to him probably 10 times. One couple I know got all new awning and toppers. Nothing but a good company IMO.
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"