Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Sales team lied CW Byron GA
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camping World RV Sales

Open Roads Forum  >  Camping World RV Sales

> Sales team lied CW Byron GA

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
RetiredA

Georgia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/31/18 11:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I did not think that a 150.00 AC shroud would be such a major issue for them. I researched the part for them and sent the salesman and the Sales manager the link to the website to order it. All they had to do was order it, how hard was that? I do blame part of it on me but I have been more than gracious up until this week trying to get this resolved with them.

I did try to check out the LP system and they told me that they were not allowed to have LP in vehicles stored on the yard.

I got a good deal on the American Tradition that I have always wanted. I got everything working myself and I really love the coach. Still no excuse to just ignore someone that had the AC shroud in the buyers agreement.

midnightsadie

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 02/01/18 04:08am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

you got what you deserve ,YOU KNEW BETTER ,BUT WENT THERE ANY WAY.

Ralph Cramden

US

View Profile

Posted: 02/01/18 04:20am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hmmmm, currently on Indeed.

Handyman
Camping World of Pittsburgh - Apollo, PA

Camping World is Hiring!!

Competitive pay based on experience.

Fast passed RV dealership looking for general laborers with basic tools and skills. This is a full-time position 40+ hours a week Monday- Saturday, health insurance, 401k available, no RV experience is required but a plus. Pay is based on skill level. An ideal team member will have strong attention to detail, be self-motivated and well-versed in maintenance and repairs. Camping World will pay for advanced certifications for individuals looking to advance their career and compensation.

Essential Job Skills:

Certification from college or technical school in trade field (HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing, Maintenance, etc.) is certainly helpful, but we also consider applicable work experience
May lift up to 25 lbs and/or move up to 50 lbs. with assistive devices
Possible exposure to environmental conditions include heat, cold, humidity, noise, dust and wetness
Prolonged periods of standing, stooping, crawling and bending. Must furnish own hand/shop tools * Valid driver's license

We promote a drug-free work environment.

I guess its your choice if you want a "Handyman" with "basic tools and skills" taking them to your RV, which if they had "Certification from college or technical school in trade field (HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing, Maintenance, etc.)" would certainly be helpful, well no doubt.

Lantley

Ellicott City, Maryland

View Profile

Posted: 02/01/18 05:14am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

CW's reputation is no worse than the rest of the industry. An experienced buyer should know to never trust an RV dealership and to verify everything with there own eyes. Failure to verify will lead to aggravation.
At this point the entire RV industry is already known to be shady posting on this forum is futile. I don't think one more story will make the industries/CW's reputation any worse.
Your biggest mistake was trusting them. You should have demanded everything be fixed before you pulled off the lot, while you still controlled the money.It is really a simple game. Now that they have the money your leverage is gone and the aggravation has begun. Hang in there you will get your shroud eventually.
Consider this whole process a lesson learned because it does not end here. The entire RV industry is/was shady before your purchase and they will remain shady after your purchase. It is a buyer beware industry

07Duramax w/hips,12Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
H-head TPMS,BD3,K-Bee exhaust brake,RV safepower
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps
Arvika rack,BakFlip,RVLock
5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,keyless RV Lock
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

Good Sam Care Team

Everywhere

Administrator

View Profile

Posted: 02/01/18 06:02am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello RetiredA,

Thank you for contacting Good Sam, I apologize for the experience you have had at the Byron Camping World location.
I would like to look into this further, please provide your contact number in a private message.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

Bumpyroad

Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 02/01/18 06:02am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RetiredA wrote:

I did try to check out the LP system and they told me that they were not allowed to have LP in vehicles stored on the yard.

really???????????????????
bumpy

Old-Biscuit

Verde Valley

View Profile

Posted: 02/01/18 10:13am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bumpyroad wrote:

RetiredA wrote:

bumpy

guess that means any 'used' RV (MH/Trailer) that they take in must have empty LP tanks/cylinders.

Always wondered why that 'lot jocky' was purging LP into the air from those used RVs [emoticon]

Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
On the Road Debt Free April '07
Off the road still Debt Free Jan. '14

gbopp

The Keystone State

View Profile

Posted: 02/01/18 10:49am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bumpyroad wrote:

RetiredA wrote:

bumpy

That was a major red flsg.. WOW.

bob213

Fresno, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/01/18 11:34am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Seems like the only thing missing from this thread is accusing the OP of being a troll from another dealership. No wonder people leave this forum after a single post.

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality – Ayn Rand

BadgerMcAdams

Phoenix, AZ

View Profile

Posted: 02/01/18 11:49am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bumpyroad wrote:

RetiredA wrote:

bumpy

I read that and thought the same thing...How can they test the LP system in the trailer for a PDI if they can't leave LP in the vehicles on the yard. Do they bring out a Stunt Tank with LP inside to do the PDI's?

If LP is not to be stored in vehicles on the yard, What about the LP powered forklifts that I have seen at some locations? Is that "Special" LP that doesn't count?

What about everyone that brings an RV in for service, do they have to drain or remove their LP tanks first? That might be fun for a Class A with a very large LP tank.

And getting to motorized vehicles, as Gasoline is an explosive chemical, do they drain all the gas from the RV's with fuel tanks?

Yes, I know, the last one was a bit picky...And I am NOT bagging on the OP at all...It just seems like there are times when people do not think about the comments they make to prospective customers...

Okay, back to your regularly scheduled program...

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Camping World RV Sales

> Sales team lied CW Byron GA
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camping World RV Sales

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS