Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Sales team lied CW Byron GA
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camping World RV Sales

Open Roads Forum  >  Camping World RV Sales

> Sales team lied CW Byron GA

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
ScottG

Bothell Wa.

View Profile

Posted: 02/01/18 11:49am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Happens at least once to all of us; we see something we want and we get tunnel vision. At that point the salesman knows he can feed you any nonesense and you'll buy it all.
If we learn from this experience, we don't let it happen again!

Scott, Grace and Wesly
2003 Dodge 3500 4x4, 6 speed Cummins (lightly bombed),
2018 Silver Fox 32A - many mods to come!
H0NDA eu2000i

janstey58

Glenwood, IA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/01/18 12:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've been waiting for 11 months to have my full wall slide topper repaired, that Camping World repaired incorrectly last year. Hoping it will be resolved soon.

Jeff and Kim
2015 Fleetwood Discovery 40E
Freightliner Chassis 380HP DP
2012 Ford Escape Limited Toad

Good Sam Care Team

Everywhere

Administrator

View Profile

Posted: 02/01/18 01:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello janstey58,

Thank you for your time and post, I am following up to get an update on the status of the full wall slide topper repairs.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

westernrvparkowner

montana

View Profile

Posted: 02/01/18 01:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Old-Biscuit wrote:

Best line in post

"I have heard horror stories about camping world........"
For some reason, that is never followed up by "But I bought there anyway because I (choose 1)

1) Don't believe my own research
2) Don't care because I am buying a RV not service
3) Got such a good rig/deal it really doesn't matter
4) They are the only game in town
5) Am just plain lazy to look elsewhere
6) Think it is better to complain about service than to seek out good service to start with.

For what it is worth, it's a 20 year old RV that the only apparent problem is the OP isn't getting the replacement engine shroud as quickly as they think they should. Apparently the problem with the LP was fixed. They may wish to change position on never stepping foot into a CW until he gets his shroud. And I doubt that CW will lose a whole lot of sleep if he doesn't renew his $25.00 Good Sam membership.

Lwiddis

Plaskett Creek USFS - CA Central Coast

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/01/18 03:53pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

“I did try to check out the LP system and they told me that they were not allowed to have LP in vehicles stored on the yard”

Then walk to your car and drive away. That would include no check of the heater, water heater, fridge on gas, stove and outside BBQ valve on a 19 year old RV. Oh my you were lucky getting it all working

2015 Winnebago 2101DS TT & Tahoe LTZ, 300 watts WindyNation solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL flagpole for US flag. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - old MOS 1542 & 1560.

DownTheAvenue

Sunny South

View Profile

Posted: 02/01/18 04:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RetiredA wrote:

I did not think that a 150.00 AC shroud would be such a major issue for them. I researched the part for them and sent the salesman and the Sales manager the link to the website to order it. All they had to do was order it, how hard was that? I do blame part of it on me but I have been more than gracious up until this week trying to get this resolved with them.

I did try to check out the LP system and they told me that they were not allowed to have LP in vehicles stored on the yard.

I got a good deal on the American Tradition that I have always wanted. I got everything working myself and I really love the coach. Still no excuse to just ignore someone that had the AC shroud in the buyers agreement.

That American Tradition coach is nice. You will enjoy it. Glad you are handy and able to resolve issues yourself. The A/C shroud is an item that Camping World sells on lone and most likely stocks in their warehouse if not locally in their store. No excuse for them not having it for you within days.

rhagfo

Portland, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/01/18 04:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

westernrvparkowner wrote:

Old-Biscuit wrote:

Best line in post

"I have heard horror stories about camping world........"
For some reason, that is never followed up by "But I bought there anyway because I (choose 1)

1) Don't believe my own research
2) Don't care because I am buying a RV not service
3) Got such a good rig/deal it really doesn't matter
4) They are the only game in town
5) Am just plain lazy to look elsewhere
6) Think it is better to complain about service than to seek out good service to start with.

For what it is worth, it's a 20 year old RV that the only apparent problem is the OP isn't getting the replacement engine shroud as quickly as they think they should. Apparently the problem with the LP was fixed. They may wish to change position on never stepping foot into a CW until he gets his shroud. And I doubt that CW will lose a whole lot of sleep if he doesn't renew his $25.00 Good Sam membership.

Well we bought our current 5er from CW, dealt with a sales person at the Woodvillage, OR location, but deal fell through due to some issues found during PDI. Well kept in touch, and we saw our current unit at the Burlington, WA location. We contacted our sales person, got a bit more information, and put a hold deposit, so we could go inspect it the next Saturday.
Well WE drove the deal NOT CW, we were asked to complete the sale when we made the deposit. I stated we would complete the deal in Burlington once we had completed the PDI. That is how it went down, we did the PDI, found a couple small issues, and got more reduction on the price, and signed the papers and took it home.

Russ & Paula
The Beagles Precious, and Belle.
2001 Dodge 2500 4X4, 5.9 Cummins, NV4500, 3.55's, Pacbrake PRXB, DS Power Puck,Bilstein 5100's, 310,000 miles.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360# GCVW 19,500#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

Lwiddis

Plaskett Creek USFS - CA Central Coast

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/01/18 06:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well, well, well!

RetiredA

Georgia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/02/18 04:02am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You are right they probibly won't miss my $25.00 but they will miss out on the money I would have spent buying stuff for my new to me RV. I let everything go with my last RV when I gave it to a homeless vet.

Or maybe they will since I had let my membership lapse when I was in between RV's and I kept getting we want you back emails.

I am not a troll from another dealership. All I wanted was for them to fulfill something that was in the buyers agreement.

Good Sam Care Team

Everywhere

Administrator

View Profile

Posted: 02/19/18 06:45am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello,

I am closing this topic due to lack of activity. Thank you for your time and participating. Please feel free to open a new thread on this topic in the future if you wish.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Camping World RV Sales

> Sales team lied CW Byron GA
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camping World RV Sales

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS