Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: Progressive Insurance questions
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> Progressive Insurance questions

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next
rgatijnet1

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/02/18 11:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the help. I guess I will give progressive a chance. Altho I have not had any issues with my existing auto insurance company, I am also not interested in giving them an extra $471 for the privilege of being a loyal customer. I guess it goes without saying that I will be checking on Progressive's rates in the future, and if they change, I know there are other companies out there. [emoticon]

mike brez

milford ct

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/02/18 12:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Progressive for rv for 12 or more years. Also only company I found to insure my composite motorcycle nobody will touch them anymore after years of insurance company's getting ripped off.

1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods

OH48Lt

Whitehouse, OH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/02/18 12:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Had Progressive for a couple of policies, for the "toys". Motorcycle and ATV's. Low ball quote for first year, almost doubled for a renewal. Won't be using them again. State Farm is hard to beat, nobody else comes close.

2011 Ford F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 4x4 EcoBoost
2014 Cruiser RV Fun Finder 215WKS
2015 Harley Road Glide Special in Amber Whiskey
Yamaha Grizzly 660 (his)
Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.(hers)

ThomBoles

Pinellas Park, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/02/18 12:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

OH48Lt wrote:

Had Progressive for a couple of policies, for the "toys". Motorcycle and ATV's. Low ball quote for first year, almost doubled for a renewal. Won't be using them again. State Farm is hard to beat, nobody else comes close.

My State Farm bill just showed up for renewal (March). $1103.09 for the next year. I'll be shopping around. I've got SF for everything else but that seems high to me.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
Thom and Diane Boles
2010 Winnebago Vista 32K

tinstartrvlr

Currently AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/02/18 01:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Something I just noticed in the OP is that their home base is Florida, as is mine. Progressive was honest enough to tell me that Florida is tops for insurance costs due to fraud and lawsuits and that everyone supposedly goes into a pool to offset their losses (meaning good drivers get lumped in with bad).

I am likely changing my domicile to South Dakota this summer and thinking I may be shocked at the price reduction if everything I hear is true.

John&Joey

Summer-North,Winter-South

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/02/18 01:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rgatijnet1 wrote:

And then I get this quote from Progressive that is $471 LESS than my existing policy for a year, even tho they only write 6 month policies.

I have never been with Progressive and this is the first year that they have even been competitive....

Progressive use to put a lot of weight on your credit score. Maybe this is what changed.

ThomBoles

Pinellas Park, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/02/18 01:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

tinstartrvlr wrote:

Something I just noticed in the OP is that their home base is Florida, as is mine. Progressive was honest enough to tell me that Florida is tops for insurance costs due to fraud and lawsuits and that everyone supposedly goes into a pool to offset their losses (meaning good drivers get lumped in with bad).

I am likely changing my domicile to South Dakota this summer and thinking I may be shocked at the price reduction if everything I hear is true.

I'm in FL too. St. Pete area. I'm going to get a quote from Progressive to see how it is. I've never had them but did work there in the past (a looooong time ago)

Ralph Cramden

US

View Profile

Posted: 02/02/18 01:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

tinstartrvlr wrote:

Rgatijnet you are correct. There is a central insurance database with everything about your driving record, claims, etc that they all access.

I wonder just how accurate it is, and how long they keep the info or if it gets purged after a certain amount of time. Don't need a claim from 10 years ago for a windshield giving them justification to quote a higher rate.

Gotta make money. It's what they do.

It's more accurate than you think it is, it's sort of like a credit report on steroids. All you have to do is go HEREand fill out the form, add the documentation, and mail it in.

As far as Progressive have had them since 09 and the rates were steady the entire time until an at fault accident in 16. Then it increased 35%. The kicker is all these companies now play the same game called discounts and accident forgiveness. I had an accident. I filed a claim. My cost increased 35%. My rate however did not increase. How you ask? My rate did not increase but due to the accident I lost the "accident free" and "safe driver" discounts for 3 years LOL. That's how it works and they all do it.

All of that said I still can not get a better rate than Progressive with that accident on the reports and have tried all of them every time the renewal comes through since 2016.

johnsonbert

Houston, TX-Ironwood, MI

View Profile

Posted: 02/02/18 01:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We had progressive through USAA for 2 years on the coach, reasonable, no claims of any kind, coach or cars, registered in Wisconsin. Single vehicle policy, cars registered in SD. Third year they tried to double it, did not renew and went through FMCA and they were using Nationwide. Progressive said they did a reevaluation of Wisconsin polices. Same thing when I had Progressive in the early 2000's on another coach in Florida, no claims, said it was a bad claims year because of the weather and doubled the third year. Nationwide beat everyone by a bunch. Will see how the renewal goes in year 2 in April. Hope this may help, Happy Trails Bert

2006 Monaco Dynasty Diamond IV 42' Tag, ISL 400,(new to us), Residential Refrig, 10KW Onan, Bosch Washer/220V Dryer (previously 2003 American Tradition 40W) 2010 Chev Malibu LT

dougrainer

Carrolton, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 02/02/18 02:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Regardless of the Insurance company. You GET what you pay for, or more precisely, you DON'T get what you expected to pay for. From a RV service center, we HATE dealing with Progressive AND Geico on RV damage estimates. They try to low ball every claim. Allstate and State Farm give us ZERO hassles on estimates and claims. Doug

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> Progressive Insurance questions
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS