Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: Progressive Insurance questions
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> Progressive Insurance questions

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev
larry barnhart

wenatchee. wa usa

View Profile

Posted: 02/12/18 09:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I do not like the owner of progressive insurance so I am out.

chevman

chevman
2001 35 ft avalon alpenlite RK
2005 3500 2wd duramax CC dually
prodigy
easyrider/reese airhitch
trailair center point suspension
JT Strong Arm Stabilizers
KSH 55 inbed fuel tank

scanguage II
TD-EOC
Induction Overhaul Kit
TST tire monitors
FMCA # F479110

Dutch_12078

Winters south, summers north

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/13/18 06:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

larry barnhart wrote:

I do not like the owner of progressive insurance so I am out.

chevman

Progressive is a public company owned by the shareholders. Which one of the thousands of owners don't you like? [emoticon]

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Johnnybgood

Illinois

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/13/18 08:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am not positive but I believe Larry is referring to Progressives giving to known progressive causes. I for one will not use progressive for this reason. Just as i don’t use AARP because they give to progressive causes as well. We have State Farm for over 20 years and are quite pleased with the service we have had from them. We are members of AMAC which is AARP for conservatives. For many of us the political position of Progressive and AARP aren’t worth the discounts.

chuckbear

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/13/18 09:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you have had Progressive for years your rate is not likely to increase. But for new policies Progressive uses something akin to bait and switch. You will get a low rate to get you signed on. Then you will see considerable rate increases until you find it way more expensive than the others. making it necessary to start looking for another provider. This has been our own experience as well as others we know. We now have a policy more expensive that Progressives initial quote but less than the Progressive policy after the immediate rate increases. Our driving record has been clean for over 30 years and our credit score is very good thank you. Chuck

J-Rooster

Port Orchard, Wa. / Lake Havasu City, Az.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/13/18 01:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ron, I’ve never had Proggressive Insurance on a motorhome so I can’t comment on there rates! But, before I got married and had a RV, I had Proggressive insurance on my auto. My wife shopped around and found me insurance with Nation Wide for $900.00 less a year for the same coverage. That made me so angry I never went back to Proggressive, so far in the past 25 yrs. In reality it’s my fault for not shopping around, but that experience still bothered me.

rgatijnet1

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/13/18 01:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

After getting several more additional quotes, and reading all of the comments here, I ended up going with Allstate. They were less than my original company and a little bit more than progressive.
I dealt with an independent agent that wrote policies for several different companies and they were able to give me their own opinion of various insurance companies. I guess I will see what happens when the policy goes up for renewal next year.
I did get some good info from them which was to NOT use the Allstate, or any other insurance company's roadside service policy since ANY usage counts as a claim against your insurance, which will show on your personal claim record that is available for other companies to see.
The other was that I could take the ONLINE driving course(55+ drivers) and lower my rate about $15 for each driver that takes the course. This discount is good for three years and the course costs around $20.
I found the idea of taking an ONLINE course completely useless in determining if someone 55 or older has the physical capabilities to drive a vehicle safely.
Thanks to all for your input.

larry barnhart

wenatchee. wa usa

View Profile

Posted: 02/14/18 03:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Johnnybgood wrote:

I am not positive but I believe Larry is referring to Progressives giving to known progressive causes. I for one will not use progressive for this reason. Just as i don’t use AARP because they give to progressive causes as well. We have State Farm for over 20 years and are quite pleased with the service we have had from them. We are members of AMAC which is AARP for conservatives. For many of us the political position of Progressive and AARP aren’t worth the discounts.

George Soros..

chevman

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> Progressive Insurance questions
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS