Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Onan Generaor - 10 yr old
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Maintenance Issues & Tips

> Onan Generaor - 10 yr old

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
[email protected]

Gresham, OR, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/11/18 08:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Passin Thru wrote:

If that one has the automatic choke (not sure if its auto or heated intake) the solenoid on the mixture solenoid could be going bad. Pull the plug with 2 wires to it from the float bowl and clean with a carb cleaner and tooth brush, preferably your wife's. They usually cause surging. It's a very easy fix.

Buhahahahah. Snort. Thanks for that.

[email protected]
Have shop, will travel!
Visit my travel & RV repair blog site. Subscribe for emailed updates.
Winnebago Journey, '02
Cat 330HP Diesel, 36.5', two slides.

77rollalong

ONtario

View Profile

Posted: 02/12/18 08:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

my onan has and electric choke pull off (1977) the newer ones have a vacuum pull off, i had to rebuild the carb for ours last year it did run , but was a bit hard starting at times. I had picked up a can of industrial carb cleaner and soaked all the metal parts in it , (no plastic or rubber) as this cleaner will remove the paint and eat anything not metal. i also added an extra inline fuel filter with a clear case as i know there is junk in my main fuel tanks as i have not had a chance to drop them and have them steam cleaned as yet. there is really not too much too the carbs and the orifices are quite small so a little bit of crud messes them up. I also found that the previous owner had put the choke pull off spring in incorrect so as it heated up it would give it more choke instead of taking it off..

Passin Thru

N VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/13/18 08:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

i thought of it because I saw a movie where a guy was mad at his girlfriend so he brushed the dog's teeth with hers.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Maintenance Issues & Tips

> Onan Generaor - 10 yr old
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS