Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Experience with RV Driving School - All Is Good
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> Experience with RV Driving School - All Is Good

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
cruz-in

Southern Maryland

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/02/18 05:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

UPDATE:

RV Driving School has gotten back to me and all is good. As someone who has run a large organization, I really appreciate how every once in a while something drops thru the cracks (in my organization it happened a few more times than I care to admit). IMHO, what matters is how the organization responds once the issue is raised. Today RV Driving School has reached out to us, recovered well and quickly addressed our concerns listed below. Showing they are a class organization. We are really looking forward to our Driving Lesson.

Hi All,

Has RV Driving School gone out of business?

We reserved our January RV Driving Class in November. After several emails to schedule time and meeting place, around Christmas we got an email from our instructor saying he would not do the course. No explanation. Just a curt email saying he would not do our course. Would have thought he would have directed us to contact someone at RV Driving School to schedule with someone else or said they would be in contact with us to reschedule.

Other than a small bit of frustration, we are out our deposit of $100. They were quick to take our $100 deposit, but it has been almost a month and no response to our inquiry as to how they would fulfill their training commitment to us.

Hoping others have not had a similar experience.

I am hoping they finally respond so I can post a happy ending to this issue.

Dan

* This post was last edited 02/03/18 03:39pm by cruz-in *   View edit history

2011 Monaco Vesta
Interesting Coach
This particular one was the prototype.

msturtz

Washington

View Profile

Posted: 02/02/18 05:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

How did you pay? If you paid with a credit card you can do a "charge back" with your bank and get your money back.

FMCA member

cruz-in

Southern Maryland

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/02/18 05:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

msturtz wrote:

How did you pay? If you paid with a credit card you can do a "charge back" with your bank and get your money back.

Good thought, I will do that. Just thought RV Driving School had a good reputation...

GordonThree

Northern Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 02/02/18 06:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Let your State Attorneys General office know as well. They often investigate small fraud claims like this.

2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2017 Ram 2500 4x4, 6.4 HEMI, 4.10 / Auto

2gypsies

Enjoying the West!

View Profile

Posted: 02/02/18 09:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It has an excellent reputation. They're located all over the country. I'm really surprised at your problem. Call the main office - not email:

https://www.rvschool.com/

Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Smitty77

OnDRoad

View Profile

Posted: 02/02/18 10:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sorry this has gone South on you. And a month is way too long to let this linger for their side of the communication.

Have you talked with anyone from the business, or has it all been by emails?

It's been a few years, but we had a positive experience for the DW in Yuma. We also had very good communication from the owner's of the school, as well as the instructor.

For now, I'd focus communication with the business vs the instructor. (And very possible you have done so already.).

I they don't take appropriate actions very soon after a follow up phone call message - then yes, start the process of credit card dispute...

Hope it does not come to that. And please close the loop back, and let us know what the end results are!

Best to you,
Smitty

cruz-in

Southern Maryland

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/03/18 06:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Looking at my email history with them, they were very quick to respond while I was inquiring about booking a class. Once booked, and I had a problem, no response for almost a month.

I recognize this appears to not be typical for them. I hold out hope that this just fell through the cracks Totally understand how these things happen.
Also still holding out hope they will make good on our contract to provide us a class in the Maryland/Virginia/DC area.

On Monday I will work the phone with them. Please do not interpret this as a rant about them. Just noting the difference in email responsiveness before/after the sale and inquiring if anyone else has had this problem or possibly they simply went out of business. .

gma77

Full-Timer

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/03/18 10:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We definitely are NOT out of business. We are in the midst of our busiest season and really "dropped the ball" with these folks. If you have been to our website, rv school.com and look through the testimonials, we have so much to be proud of, but sometimes, even our best fails! I am trying to reach out to these folks, but so far have had no response. We continue to be the largest most successful place to go to get real behind the wheel of YOUR RV help! --- George W. Mayleben, the proud owner of the RV Driving School!

irishtom29

St. Augustine

View Profile

Posted: 02/03/18 03:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mandy Rice-Davies.

cruz-in

Southern Maryland

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/03/18 03:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

UPDATE:

RV Driving School has gotten back to me and all is good. As someone who has run a large organization, I really appreciate how every once in a while something drops thru the cracks (in my organization it happened a few more times than I care to admit). IMHO, what matters is how the organization responds once the issue is raised. Today RV Driving School has reached out to us, recovered well and quickly addressed our concerns. Showing they are a class organization. We are really looking forward to our Driving Lesson.

So anyone who stumbled upon this thread will quickly realize RV Driving School jumped all over our concerns, I also edited the original post with the above information.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> Experience with RV Driving School - All Is Good
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS