Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: National Interstate goes to Liberty Mutual
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> National Interstate goes to Liberty Mutual

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
jerseyjim

New Jersey

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/04/18 01:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Been with National Interstate from day 1...2001. One claim, no problems.
Got a notice yesterday that National Interstate is getting out of the "personal lines of insurance".

Liberty Mutual does alot of advertising on TV....good company ? opinions? Who else does RV insurance?

cobra350

Jacksonville Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/04/18 02:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had them too. They switched mine to Safeco. Got the new policy yesterday. 700 dollar increase in premium. Time to shop insurance again.

Rick & Darlene Carson
16 Berkshire XLT 43A
15 Ford Explorer (the toad)
14 Shelby GT500
02 Ford Ranger
08 Honda Goldwing

wa8yxm

Wherever I happen to park

View Profile

Posted: 02/04/18 05:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ok My RV is with Nationwide but I'm not beholding to them I was pissed with 'em for 4 years (long story) but then they agreed to pay for my replacement engine so they are now back on my good side.. Oh they were picky had to re-submit the invoice 2 or 3 times because the original included some non engine replacement stuff,,,, Like new brake pads (I mean we had to drop the front axle so why not re-pad the brakes while they are in pieces?) but they paid.. 7 grand and change.

I had Liberty Mutual on my car.. Discount plan due to my employeer (Retred) but they socked me with a big increase (no tickets, No fines, No accidents) so I went with Progressive for the car.

By all means do the shop around.

Do the following WITH CAUTION
Primercia has (or had) a tool that does search for Auto Insurance. IN some states they even offer it. but it searches like 10 different companies.. I know someone in Michigan who used it (he is an agent) even though in MI they do not sell auto insurane.
The problem is Primerica is Multi-Level Marketing and they WILL try to recruit you.

Home is where I park it.
Kenwood TS-2000 housed in a 2005 Damon Intruder 377

Ralph Cramden

US

View Profile

Posted: 02/04/18 06:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wa8yxm wrote:

Oh they were picky had to re-submit the invoice 2 or 3 times because the original included some non engine replacement stuff,,,, Like new brake pads (I mean we had to drop the front axle so why not re-pad the brakes while they are in pieces?) but they paid.. 7 grand and change.

The insurance company was picky for not wanting to foot the bill for parts non related to the claim?

lj2654

Weeki Wachee, Florida

View Profile

Posted: 02/04/18 07:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have Safeco on my pickup, car and RV. But now I have to find a new company for full time insurance. Safeco doesn't write full timer policies for RV's. Also I have a 17 year old getting his license Thursday. Safeco told me average for him will be $200 more a month! Oh boy.I guess insurance is good if you ever have to actually use it, but you pay, and pay, and pay!

2001 Beaver Contessa Naples 40
2012 Cadillac Srx
retired AirForce 1979-1992

fyrflie

Martinez, CA. USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/04/18 09:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had Liberty Mutual until I filed a claim involving my Jeep.
They doubled my premium on my Jeep making it more expensive to insure than my wife’s Mercedes, which is 6 years newer.

bullydogs1

OBX, NC

View Profile

Posted: 02/04/18 10:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have Allied which I think is Nationwide..no claims, no accidents but before that I had Blue Sky..loved them, then they upped my new policy over $900 "because they could"..true story...then I switched..then I heard Blue Sky bailed from the RV market...

Stuart and Stella Denning
2016 Entegra Aspire 42RBQ
The 3 Bulldogs (Daisy, Sylvie and Stashie)
2018 Equinox Diesel (TOAD)

vegasfoodguy

Reno Nv

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/04/18 07:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jerseyjim wrote:

Been with National Interstate from day 1...2001. One claim, no problems.
Got a notice yesterday that National Interstate is getting out of the "personal lines of insurance".

Liberty Mutual does alot of advertising on TV....good company ? opinions? Who else does RV insurance?

According to their commercials, They insure mostly dumb people, anyone, including teenagers, who gets stranded in the middle of the night because of a flat tire deserves it. My children, including my Daughter, were not allowed to drive until they could change a tire.

Monaco Diplomat, Cummins, 38a
Toad Grand Cherokee and Jeep Wrangler, Brake Buddy.

Ralph Cramden

US

View Profile

Posted: 02/04/18 09:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

vegasfoodguy wrote:

According to their commercials, They insure mostly dumb people,

That's correct LOL.

Liberty Mutual....Insuring morons since 1852.

Come on Dad I know what a lug wrench is....Is this a lug wrench?

jerseyjim

New Jersey

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/05/18 04:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I neglected to say (in my original post) that National Interstate was "automatically" changing me to Liberty Mutual. I'll wait to see what the premium and coverage is....of course, I can shop should I have to.

And...National Interstate should update their website...still have a page on insuring motorhomes.

"...is this a lug wrench?..." is not too far from reality. So many don't know...or really don't want to know things like changing oil or even tires.
Call someone. Keep the hands clean generation.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> National Interstate goes to Liberty Mutual
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS