cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just ordered a Jayco X23E!

chrispitude
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I previously had a North Trail 21FBS (and a Rockwood 2605 before that), but we had to sell when we found out we were going to be parents.

Well, now our son is 7 - and our daughter is 4! - and it's time to get camping again to make memories for them! (Oh, did I mention the two dogs?)

So, we just ordered a 2018 Jayco X23E with almost every option, plus the Blue Ox. Price was $23k flat for everything but tax and tags.

Previously, we towed with a 2006 Jeep Liberty CRD, with a Hensley for the Rockwood and a ProPride for the North Trail. (Yes, I am that guy.) Now we have a 2006 GMC Yukon XL Denali. I went with a Blue Ox Swaypro 750 and a Direclink DL-100 brake controller. I'll pull the third row bench out when camping, to reduce cargo weight and make more dog room.

This will be our first hybrid TT. DW and I have both tent-camped before, but coming from hard-side TTs, this will still be new to us!
5 REPLIES 5

slider45
Nomad
Nomad
Should be a fun new hybrid trailer. Congrats

Hudson54
Explorer
Explorer
soon2bexpat wrote:
I love my hybrid (Jayco Kiwi 17A). The tent end windows just make it so enjoyable. I have no desire to sit in a can with the a/c running!

Pull it with my '02 Yukon XL and don't even know it's there. The third row seat was the first thing to go!

Wow, someone with an"old" trailer like mine. We have an 01 17a that I picked up about four years ago (cheap) and we really enjoy it. Have made lots of mods to it and hope to make it last a while. It's the perfect trailer for the type of camping we like to do/ I'd say we do about 70% dry camping snd 30% hook ups.

Jayco25E
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats on the new HTT. I am still towing my 2005 25E Jayco HTT. We love our Jayco. We have lots of memories with it. But that is what it is all about making memories and having fun with your family.
2008 Chevy Avalanche
Current 2021 Coachman Apex 300BHS
Past 2005 Jayco 25E HTT
1 kid (but always end up with a full camper)
2 retired Greyhounds

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
I tow the now discontinued X20E, I guess Jayco so no market with the smaller version. Overall we have been happy with the Jayco, somewhat more on maintenance with the canvas ends and occasional noise issues but we make do.

Congrats and enjoy your new Trailer!

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

soon2bexpat
Explorer
Explorer
I love my hybrid (Jayco Kiwi 17A). The tent end windows just make it so enjoyable. I have no desire to sit in a can with the a/c running!

Pull it with my '02 Yukon XL and don't even know it's there. The third row seat was the first thing to go!
Kodachrome Time Machine, my vintage photo collection from the 1940s to the 1970s: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCff0z54NyAfuAjUST896l6g