Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Technology Corner: canadian satelitte tv
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> canadian satelitte tv

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
joebedford

Mesa, AZ

View Profile

Posted: 02/05/18 10:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

myredracer wrote:

A larger dia. dish can sometimes help.
A larger dish will have ZERO effect in getting Bell Expressvu in "southern US".

It MIGHT have an effect on getting Shaw Direct which was what the OP asked about. I use a bigger dish for Shaw but to be honest I'm thinking about switching to my smaller one for ease of packing in my RV.

MACHZER

Clandeboye

View Profile

Posted: 02/05/18 10:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well, I guess I will buy one of the auto units for both Bell and Direct/Dish. Can you get Direct/Dish on a month-month contract or has to be a full year?

Clandeboye , Manitoba

Lenny K

Vancouver Island or Quartzsite, Arizona

View Profile

Posted: 02/05/18 11:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

joebedford wrote:

myredracer wrote:

It MIGHT have an effect on getting Shaw Direct which was what the OP asked about. I use a bigger dish for Shaw but to be honest I'm thinking about switching to my smaller one for ease of packing in my RV.

I find that there is a difference between the larger and smaller dish. We have a friend that uses the smaller dish when we are in Quartzsite and I find that with our larger dish we always get better reception and better HD clarity.

Lenny and Ros
2009 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 LTZ Duramax 4x4 CC Dually, Banks Speed Brake
2012 Montana 3400 RL 680 Watts Solar, 440 Amps of Batteries, Trimetric 2020, EMSHW50C, Sailun Tires

myredracer

Langley B.C.

View Profile

Posted: 02/05/18 12:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

joebedford wrote:

myredracer wrote:

I agree but it depends on how far south. A footprint map for Bell 82 (that has the desirable HD channels) is here. It shows you can get about 1/2 way down into the US with a 1 to 1.2 meter dish which would get you down to about the OR/CA border. I couldn't find a similar footprint map for 91 but satbeams.com shows 82 & 91 to have approx. the same coverage. Have read that some get Bell 91 fine in San Francisco and NYC but don't know if that is outdated info. If there are any current updated footprint maps out there, I'd sure like to see them... I have to wonder if there's a certain distance when there's a sudden dropoff in Bell's signal strength.

A bigger dish for us is no biggie because we're towing a TT with a truck and have the space. The problem I have found though with a bigger dish is anchoring down so it won't blow over. [emoticon]

Used to be I couldn't even spell RV, now we own one!

Gil, Deb & Dougal the Springer Spaniel
2014 KZ Spree 262RKS, many mods (mild to wild), Reese DC WDH
2009 F250 super duty, V10, supercab, 4WD, 8' bed, Hawkshead TPMS & T-valves

Bill.Satellite

Full-timer

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/05/18 04:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MACHZER wrote:

Well, I guess I will buy one of the auto units for both Bell and Direct/Dish. Can you get Direct/Dish on a month-month contract or has to be a full year?

Dish offers a month to month contract to US residents or, at a minimum, a US CC.

What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> canadian satelitte tv
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS