cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anybody use the TiVo Bolt+

RDMueller
Explorer
Explorer
For our home TV we currently have Dish with the DVR they provide, Hopper with Sling. It was basically fine, but after a recent software update, it has been truly awful. Itโ€™s not particularly user friendly, fast forward and rewind is not consistent and it often arbitrarily chooses not to record something that is set to record even though it shows that it will record.

In short, weโ€™re paying monthly rental on something we really donโ€™t like. Iโ€™m thinking about just buying something like the TiVo Bolt and using it with cable from Time Warner/Spectrum. I might save money too by bundling since we already have TWC as an internet provider.

Just wondering if anyone here has a TiVo Bolt + and how you like it. Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated!
Rob and Julie
2015 Forest River Wildwood 28DBUD
2001 Dodge Ram 2500, 24V Cummins 5.9
4 REPLIES 4

RDMueller
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, I appreciate the info. I think eventually we will drop cable/sat completely as most content is available via Netflix, Amazon, Hulu plus, etc. We still like having CNN, HGTV, Discovery, TWC and some others that arenโ€™t available OTA though. For now, going with Spectrumโ€™s cheapest plan with a TiVo Bolt I think makes the most sense.
Rob and Julie
2015 Forest River Wildwood 28DBUD
2001 Dodge Ram 2500, 24V Cummins 5.9

austinjenna
Explorer
Explorer
I got tired of calling the cable company every 6 months because our 'promotion' ran out and arguing for a new price. Bought the 1TB Tivo OTA, the tivo mini for upstairs tv, and tivo stream and they all work great. Could not be happier with them. Ooma for the home phone is like 5.00 a month. I upped the internet speed to 100 for 40.00 a month and also got sling. Even with all that I am paying less than half of what I was before.

2010 F350 CC Lariat 4x4 Short Bed
2011 Crusader 298BDS 5th Wheel
Reese 16K

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
At home (and I thought this was an RV forum) we have a 6-tuner Tivo in our TV room and a Mini in the kitchen which uses one of the main unit channels. It essentially allows us to do almost everything in the kitchen that can be done in the main room. We like it and, of course, view too much TV as a result.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

Mandalay_Parr
Explorer
Explorer
Iโ€™ve used the Bolt for couple of years. . Works good with both cable and OTA.
Call me if you want.
Jerry Parr
Full-time
2005 Mandalay 40B
Cat C7 350, 4 Slides
Blue Ox, Brake Buddy
2004 CR-V Toad
jrparr@att.net
602-321-8141
K7OU - Amateur Radio
Kenwood Radios
ARRL, W5YI, & LARC VE