Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Selling Class A DP - Tires ??
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> Selling Class A DP - Tires ??

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev
valhalla360

No paticular place.

View Profile

Posted: 02/07/18 02:07am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

toedtoes wrote:

So as a buyer, I can buy it for $45k without new tires or $48.5k with new tires. If I buy tires on my own, they will run me $3.5k.

Hmmmm. Let's see. Which is the better deal????

Let's modify the question a little bit to demonstrate:

Let's say it's $49k without and $51.5 with.

Lots of people will plug a nice round number like $50k into the search engine and never see the rig priced with the new tires (it's the old trick of ending with 99cents).

But even with your example numbers, more people will follow up with the lower price if there are two otherwise similar rigs available. Then once they get invested in your rig, you can negotiate over the tire value.

We have no idea if the example given was anything close to full value. NADA is a joke at best and there is always the rare chance, someone wanted that exact rig and had no idea what the value was, so from a single sale, we can't infer much of anything. We also don't know if the buyer would have happily taken $1000 off and bought his own tires after he got home.

Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2008 Copper Canyon 5er
Catalac Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and 5er

toedtoes

California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/07/18 06:13am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

valhalla360 wrote:

toedtoes wrote:

So as a buyer, I can buy it for $45k without new tires or $48.5k with new tires. If I buy tires on my own, they will run me $3.5k.

Hmmmm. Let's see. Which is the better deal????

Let's modify the question a little bit to demonstrate:

Let's say it's $49k without and $51.5 with.

Lots of people will plug a nice round number like $50k into the search engine and never see the rig priced with the new tires (it's the old trick of ending with 99cents).

But even with your example numbers, more people will follow up with the lower price if there are two otherwise similar rigs available. Then once they get invested in your rig, you can negotiate over the tire value.

We have no idea if the example given was anything close to full value. NADA is a joke at best and there is always the rare chance, someone wanted that exact rig and had no idea what the value was, so from a single sale, we can't infer much of anything. We also don't know if the buyer would have happily taken $1000 off and bought his own tires after he got home.

My point is that the buyer is paying for the new tires regardless - there is no cost incentive either way.

The only incentive is one of convenience and preference. Is it more convenient for the buyer to have the tires part of the purchase or not. That is going to be dependent upon other factors like distance to the buyer's home.

So, price it without new tires (so you show the lower price), then be willing to work with the buyer on tires if that convenience factor comes into play. But either way, provide the tire inspection results so the buyer is aware.

Buying new tires now and listing it at the higher price isn't going to net you anything as the seller.

1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> Selling Class A DP - Tires ??
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS