cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

campgrounds along banff-jasper parkway

sancoots
Explorer
Explorer
Wondering if anyone can tell me if I will fit into Waterfowl lake (first choice) or Mosquito creek with my 28 foot travel trailer. Website says 30 foot rv on one site and 24 feet on an other. If anyone has stayed here with a travel trailer, can you please let me know. I am staying at Two Jack Lake again this year (was there last year), but would like to try Waterfowl if I fit. This will be mid week in August. I know there are no hookups which is fine and first come first serve.

Also, does it get very windy? would like to try and paddle board on some of the lakes in the area?
5 REPLIES 5

Powder_pig
Explorer
Explorer
We have stayed at Waterfowl lakes campground in our 24 ft. fifth wheel and did not have to unhook the truck when in our site. Nice quiet campground and the lake is very pretty. Not too much wind when we were there since it is relatively sheltered by surrounding mountains but we have seen lots of wind at Bow lake which is not that far south so I would use caution.

Harvey51
Explorer
Explorer
Mosquito Lake has an open area that should be able to handle several such units. The nicer campsites are off to the north end. I'm pretty sure the one we stayed in on the first "street" (NE) was big enough for a 28 foot trailer with truck beside it.
2004 E350 Adventurer (Canadian) 20 footer - Alberta, Canada
No TV + 100W solar = no generator needed

sancoots
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Idaho that helps knowing someone else the same size fit.

Canadafan, yes I am aware of the popularity of these campgrounds as I live in Calgary and have driven the parkway frequently, just never camped in the non reservable sites. I will be coming from Two Jack Lake where I have reservations for the weekend prior, so plan to get an early start on the Monday in hopes of getting a site.

canadafan
Explorer
Explorer
No problems at Waterfowl, but be aware of the limited open times at this campground which is not reservable.

Trevor

old_idaho_guy
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Mosquito Creek last year with our 30 foottravel trailer