Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: Generator
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers


Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next
TomG2

Central Illinois

Senior Member

Joined: 03/07/2004

View Profile



Posted: 02/06/18 06:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

To the OP: You will get a lot more support and approval if you say that it is a Honda Inverter model. (Whether it is or not)

Colo Native

Colorado

Senior Member

Joined: 10/28/2013

View Profile





Offline
Posted: 02/06/18 06:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MWJones wrote:

This has been discused a 100+ times. Use the search and read on.

Been there done that. That would be the reason I asked because I didn't find the answer to my question


2018 Grand Design 315RLTS (on order)
2015 F250 XLT PSD CC SB 4x4
2016 Primetime Crusader 315RST(SOLD)
08 Fleetwood Fiesta 34B(SOLD)
Retired DFD

Colo Native

Colorado

Senior Member

Joined: 10/28/2013

View Profile





Offline
Posted: 02/06/18 06:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wanderingaimlessly wrote:

Do you mean one of these?
https://www.amazon.com/Stromberg-Carlson-CC-255-Trailer-Tray/dp/B00U8AXRPW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1517962831&sr=8-1&keywords=trailer+tray

No it is on the hitch in back. I don't like the idea above propane.

Colo Native

Colorado

Senior Member

Joined: 10/28/2013

View Profile





Offline
Posted: 02/06/18 06:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

badsix wrote:

how about the size of your generator.no I haven't done this but I'm getting ready to.
Jay D.

I am looking at the Champion 3500w gas model 100262, weights about 95#

Colo Native

Colorado

Senior Member

Joined: 10/28/2013

View Profile





Offline
Posted: 02/06/18 06:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

TomG2 wrote:

To the OP: You will get a lot more support and approval if you say that it is a Honda Inverter model. (Whether it is or not)


[emoticon] Maybe I should try that It's an inverter model just not the high dollar one.

TomG2

Central Illinois

Senior Member

Joined: 03/07/2004

View Profile



Posted: 02/06/18 06:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Colo Native wrote:

badsix wrote:

how about the size of your generator.no I haven't done this but I'm getting ready to.
Jay D.

I am looking at the Champion 3500w gas model 100262, weights about 95#


I tried to warn you.

Lwiddis

El Pueblo de Señora la Reina de los Ángeles

Senior Member

Joined: 08/12/2016

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Online
Posted: 02/06/18 06:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

“when I get it, I want to also be able to run it while it's back there“

Where else would this LOUD generator be while you run it? Other than “back there?” And please don’t camp near me.


2015 Winnebago 2101DS TT & Chevy Tahoe LTZ, 300 watts WindyNation solar - parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL flagpole for USC & historical flags. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county campgrounds. 14 year Army vet. Bicyclist!

KD4UPL

Swoope, VA

Senior Member

Joined: 03/16/2008

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 02/06/18 06:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Are you going to try and run it while traveling down the road? I had a friend who tried that with a 5,000 watt open frame generator on the back of a bus. It wouldn't run. Don't know why. It would run fine stationary but it would quite while in motion. It could have been the fuel sloshing away from the pick-up, the oil sloshing away from the low oil switch, or the vacuum at the back of the bus depriving it of oxygen. Who knows. It just didn't run while in motion.

full_mosey

Oklahoma

Senior Member

Joined: 01/16/2011

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 02/06/18 06:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[image]

Colo Native

Colorado

Senior Member

Joined: 10/28/2013

View Profile





Offline
Posted: 02/06/18 06:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

KD4UPL wrote:

Are you going to try and run it while traveling down the road? I had a friend who tried that with a 5,000 watt open frame generator on the back of a bus. It wouldn't run. Don't know why. It would run fine stationary but it would quite while in motion. It could have been the fuel sloshing away from the pick-up, the oil sloshing away from the low oil switch, or the vacuum at the back of the bus depriving it of oxygen. Who knows. It just didn't run while in motion.


No I was not planning on doing that because from what I understand the there is vacuum space back there and no air . The main thing when I am parked to use it without having to move it.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS