cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

holday rambler

Danford50
Explorer
Explorer
well today i was looking at some of the holiday rambler class a gasser, just would like to hear from some of the ramblers owners who would share some of the pro and con of there unit, today i looked at the 36h and the 34s floor plans. thanks in advance
4 REPLIES 4

2xKrvliving
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2005 Holiday Rambler Ambassador, Diesel Pusher on a Freightliner Chassis. Just bought it in January for a great price on a Diesel. So far the only thing we have had issues with are the slides. Just had to replace 2 out of 3 motors. Also having an issue with a low air buzzer when the air pressure seems fine. When I put the transmission in Neutral it stops but continues when in Drive. Still working that issue. Besides those, our HR seems in pretty good shape and runs like a champ.
The Kilbourns

bullydogs1
Explorer
Explorer
If you are looking at new Holiday Ramblers...it is the same in name only as past HR products..After the 2009 bankruptcy, it changed hands to Navistar and in 2013 when their diesel without DEF machines bombed, they sold it to Allied Recreational Group which is now REV group. It is on a Ford Chassis if you are looking at gassers. As with any new coach, it is a crapshoot if you get good or bad. I can say that material and workmanship are no where near the pre 2009 bankruptcy models. I don't know if Jayco makes a floor plan you like, but their gas units have a 2 yr warranty rather than 1. Forest River Georgetown is a popular Gas unit that people seem to like. I would think HR is now a derivative if not rebadged Fleetwood Bounder.
Stuart and Stella Denning
2016 Entegra Aspire 42RBQ
The 3 Bulldogs (Daisy, Sylvie and Stashie)
2018 Equinox Diesel (TOAD)

10forty2
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 1999 HR Endeavor, 36 foot with one slide, Ford V10. It had about 85K miles when we bought her, but we got her at a great deal. In the last 4 years, we've replaced tires, replaced front leaf springs, replaced sway bar bushings, added front air bag helpers, replaced interior carpet, and patched roof leaks. Fortunately, I've been able to do most of the work myself, so we are only out the cost of the parts. In the end, it's a 19 year old coach that has been from NC to Florida and back, by the previous owner's reckoning, about 60 times. And from what I can tell, it was severely overloaded every trip. There are going to be parts that are simply worn out. I knew that going in.

Oil changes and engine maintenance are fairly straightforward. Fit and finish of interior furnishings are top-notch, as far as I'm concerned. When I go into other, newer coaches, I can get an immediate "sense" of how cheaply they were manufactured. I've never felt that from our HR. The ride? Well, it rides like a delivery truck....but that seems to be the norm for the F53 chassis, so I can't really complain or really do anything about that. I've got the handling to a point where I'm comfortable with it, but I'll never be comfortable going cross-country in it...really no more than about 300-400 miles out from home. It's great for us to go for long weekends at the local lake and a once in a while week vacation. And by it being older, we haven't hesitated to add our own flavor as far as interior finishes and decorating. When we decide to upgrade, and we will eventually, I know we'll never get out of it what we've put in it. But, we will have had a great time and learned a lot before sinking money into a newer rig.

Just my $.02 worth.....
1999 Holiday Rambler Endeavor, 36' Gasser
Triton V10, Ford F53 Chassis
-----------------------------------------

ArchHoagland
Explorer
Explorer
What year?

I have a 2004 Monaco La Palma 36 dbd but it's the same as an HR. In fact it came with an HR decal on the front.
2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD
Workhorse W22 8.1 Gas Allison 1000, 7.1 mpg

2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
US Gear Brakes