Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: Cummins 330 ISC
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
wtmtnhiker

New Hampshire

View Profile

Posted: 02/07/18 08:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a 2005 HR Ambassador with a Cummins 330 ISC and Alison Trans with about 65K miles. I'm the 2nd owner with all the service records so I know it has been well maintained. I know the basic engine and trans have allot of life left but I wonder about the peripheral stuff like air compressor, alternator, water pump, injector pump etc. Are there any component failures that are at all predictable by age or mileage? Any pattern type failures that are known to occur? I recently replaced the exhaust manifold and turbo. The manifold cracked, really not entirely sure I needed the turbo.

bgbassman(bluegrass bass man)
2005 Holiday Rambler Ambassador DP
2012 Chevy Equinox Toad

ScottG

Bothell Wa.

View Profile

Posted: 02/07/18 08:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Manifold cracking is very common on that eng. Otherwise just make sure you replace the FF per schedule or even much more often. Once it plugs it will take out the inj. pump fast and it's stupid expensive.
I would carry a spare and replace it immediately (stop on side of road) if you ever feel a miss or buck.
Other than that, it's very reliable.

Scott, Grace and Wesly
2003 Dodge 3500 4x4, 6 speed Cummins (lightly bombed),
2018 Silver Fox 32A - many mods to come!
H0NDA eu2000i

wolfe10

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 02/07/18 09:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Since this is a linered engine, coolant is important. Be sure you know what technology coolant you have and maintain/change it properly!

Brett Wolfe
2003 Alpine 38'

FMCA Forum: www.community.fmca.com/index

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

ferndaleflyer

everywhere

View Profile

Posted: 02/07/18 06:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have over 100k on mine and only things I replaced were the alternator at 70k and the radiator at about 80 because I knew it was going to fail and it would be cheaper to do it at home than on the road.

CVD

Corona, CA

View Profile

Posted: 02/07/18 10:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ferndaleflyer wrote:

I have over 100k on mine and only things I replaced were the alternator at 70k and the radiator at about 80 because I knew it was going to fail and it would be cheaper to do it at home than on the road.

Got to ask, did something happen to make you change out a good radiator as a preventive step? Wondering if that’s a common practice. If so, when? (nn miles?, nn years?)

Cliff

1999 Itasca 34V DP
2000 Jeep Wrangler
2014 Honda CRV

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS