cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Great American Country channel

breeves2245
Explorer
Explorer
I frequently check the GAC channel for RV shows. Usually it is the same old tired theme of family expanding and looking at mammoth rv's that 95% of the population cannot afford. Boring shows with the couple touring the Class A's or fifth wheels.

Tonight I'm taking a look and see a show for flipping RV's. It's a couple that buys old 1940-1960 travel trailers and flips them to their clients. Very interesting and a nice break from the usual theme. Great to see those older trailers and the style that was popular then.
22 REPLIES 22

mountainkowboy
Explorer
Explorer
TheRVersTV wrote:
drsteve wrote:
FlatBroke wrote:
They need a show something like “RV GARAGE”
Fix leaky roofs. Replacing sewer tanks. And all the other stuff you might find

Never happen. Guys like us would watch, but they're trying to convince people who know nothing about RVs that RVing is no work whatsoever. No way will they show guys fixing their year old RVs because the dealer can't or won't, or folks setting up in the rain at night, or the campsite neighbors who have four yapping poodles running loose all day, or the guy who is determined to get drunk and stay that way all weekend, or the long lines at the dump station on Sunday afternoon.

Reality can't be allowed to intrude lest prospective buyers decide it's not for them.

That's exactly the kind of stuff we'll be covering. The good, the bad, and the ugly. Because THAT'S what's real. This will absolutely positively NOT be a reality show. It will educate, inform, and entertain about all things relating to this incredible lifestyle.

Anthony

That's why we boondock......
Chuck & Ruth with 4-legged Molly
2007 Tiffin Allegro 30DA
2011 Ford Ranger
1987 HD FLHTP

TheRVersTV
Explorer
Explorer
drsteve wrote:
FlatBroke wrote:

Never happen. Guys like us would watch, but they're trying to convince people who know nothing about RVs that RVing is no work whatsoever. No way will they show guys fixing their year old RVs because the dealer can't or won't, or folks setting up in the rain at night, or the campsite neighbors who have four yapping poodles running loose all day, or the guy who is determined to get drunk and stay that way all weekend, or the long lines at the dump station on Sunday afternoon.

Reality can't be allowed to intrude lest prospective buyers decide it's not for them.

That's exactly the kind of stuff we'll be covering. The good, the bad, and the ugly. Because THAT'S what's real. This will absolutely positively NOT be a reality show. It will educate, inform, and entertain about all things relating to this incredible lifestyle.

Anthony

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
Ralph Cramden wrote:
What I love is when the women oooh and aaah about the furnishings.

Even better is when the wife wants to see if she and DH can fit in the shower at the same time. Of course, most RVs barely fit one person in the bathroom, let alone the shower, but nevermind that...
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

minnow
Explorer
Explorer
Ralph Cramden wrote:

Because the sponsor just happens to be "GoRving" which is the alias of the RVIA. That's why the reality does not include real things such as 30% depreciation that hits about 30 seconds after the sale, the amount of maintenance required and ramifications when it's not done, tires and running gear maxed out to its capacity, or the fact that you don't need to pay the mythical suggested retail prices they quote on the show.

What I love is when the women oooh and aaah about the furnishings. Paper wrapped fuberboard with staples protruding and recycled dish rag upholstery, or better yet a plethora of pleather. You can get better furnishings at Ollie's or Big Lots than what is in most RV's lol.

That Flipin RV show started a fad for awhile here in PA. Every farmer who had an old canned ham or Serro Scotty out in the cow pasture thought they hit pay dirt. They all disappeared. I know of at least half a dozen that sat for 30 years used as tool sheds and all of a sudden were plastered all over Craigslist, then they were gone. Most just moved from the farm to people's backyards or driveways, and never were restored once the buyer realized restoring them was not exactly an easy proposition like it is in TV land.

My vote goes to Ralph in the category of the "Most Truthful Post of 2018"

JAC1982
Explorer
Explorer
I still watch regular TV, and I'm far from elderly (I'm 36 :)). Sports of course, but also plenty of shows on cable channels. I don't watch much broadcast TV anymore. I know exactly what Game Warden show you're talking about too! I also do streaming as well.
2020 Keystone Montana High Country 294RL
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
2021 Ford F350 SRW Lariat Tremor

WTP-GC
Explorer
Explorer
All this talk about TV shows and it makes me scratch my head. Do people actually watch live TV anymore, like networks and normal programming? Tonight I sat down and watched about an hour's worth of TV because I got sucked into a show about game wardens. But that's more live TV than I've seen in months. With the advent of modern TV viewing, we get in about 30 minutes of streaming TV a day at most.

I'm actually being serious here...other than the elderly, I don't think I know hardly anyone that watches TV like we used to do even just a few years ago. Everything is either live sports or selective streaming these days.
Duramax + Grand Design 5er + B & W Companion
SBGTF

mountainkowboy
Explorer
Explorer
breeves2245 wrote:

Tonight I'm taking a look and see a show for flipping RV's. It's a couple that buys old 1940-1960 travel trailers and flips them to their clients. Very interesting and a nice break from the usual theme. Great to see those older trailers and the style that was popular then.

There's a place on 395 around Adelanto, CA that has a bunch of oldies in various states. I've talk with him before he moved from Hysperia. Prices weren't bad either.
Chuck & Ruth with 4-legged Molly
2007 Tiffin Allegro 30DA
2011 Ford Ranger
1987 HD FLHTP

delwhjr
Explorer
Explorer
CFerguson wrote:
I got sick of the sleazy salesmen on those shows.

I always find it funny that the ones looking give their needs, wants and a budget but the salesperson never shows them that one; just ones over the budget or without the items they wanted.
I guess its no better than the house hunting shows which do the same.
:B
2022 Rockwood 2109S
2006 Durango HEMI

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
FlatBroke wrote:

2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

FlatBroke
Explorer
Explorer

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

CFerguson
Explorer
Explorer
I got sick of the sleazy salesmen on those shows.

gdweb
Explorer
Explorer
There's a few of them on. re-runs this time of year. the "Going RV" show has them everywhere from pop ups to class A's. we like it better than the "Big Time RV", which is always the high dollar rv's.
SEMPER FI

Gary & Diane
Ky
2020 F250 King Ranch 6.7l FX4
2013 Sundance 3270res

Optimistic_Para
Explorer
Explorer
Chris and Cherie from Technomadia are going to be involved in a new RV show on PBS. Details here:

https://www.technomadia.com/2018/10/announcement-technomadia-to-host-the-rvers-tv-show-on-pbs/

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
Stewster wrote:
Hi bukhrn ... thanks for the kind words above. I loved doing "RV Today" from 2000-2006. It was a kick! We tried to keep the content relevant for the average RVer out there. You can find a lot of the shows and the how-to's on my YouTube Channel. Check it out ... https://www.youtube.com/user/olestew

Hey, Stewster! Good to know that you still monitor the Forum.
I too miss the show but I could be prejudiced, since I'm a former Ventura County resident.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes