cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Winnebago Recall from last November

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
I just got my recall on the fire extinguishers ( I’ve been RVing in the S.W. Since last October) I got on Kidde ( prounced kid-da) Website today and couldn’t figure anything out it didn’t jive with my extinguisher! So I called the toll free number and talked to a service rep! She asked me the model number and I told her and she said that Kidde would send me a new Extinguisher free of charge! The model number of my extinguisher was not on there website? I bought my coach new in 2004 and my extinguisher is still charged according to the gauge. I had no way of knowing that my extinguisher was faulty! I’m grateful I didn’t have to use it. Kudo’s to Kidde for stepping up taking responsibility and fixing the problem.
5 REPLIES 5

C20
Explorer
Explorer
Both of ours were ok. Once plastic handle and the big one with the metal handle.
2017 Newmar Essex
97 Jeep Wrangler
16 HD CVO Street glide
2015 Challenger Hellcat
2021 Hellcat Durango
2020 ram 2500 Cummins

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
maddog348 wrote:
Guess I was just lucky I guess, mine was on the OK list. JM2cents

It's pretty obvious with the looks of the handle and mechanism, if you can find a new one to look at.
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

maddog348
Explorer
Explorer
Guess I was just lucky I guess, mine was on the OK list. JM2cents

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
ken1961 wrote:
Between home, garage and vehicles I had 9 Kidde units that they replaced. Shipped to my house and I returned the old ones with prepaid labels.

Same here and after buying some extras for the coach, at Walmart.
Don't even remember how I found out about it. The new ones look much better and there obviously applying this fix to the ones that get returned. Question is, do they sell them again, as new or have some other outlet for them.
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

ken1961
Explorer
Explorer
Between home, garage and vehicles I had 9 Kidde units that they replaced. Shipped to my house and I returned the old ones with prepaid labels.
Ken