Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Annual Comanche Invasioin of Vancouver Island
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Canada and Alaska

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Canada and Alaska  >  Canada

> Annual Comanche Invasioin of Vancouver Island

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
trigley

Central Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 02/08/18 10:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grey Mountain wrote:

For an insight into Comanche raiding and pillaging,I would suggest "Empire of the Summer Moon" by S. C. Gwynne.

Read it. Very interesting.

sljohnson1938

Mount Airy, NC - USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/09/18 07:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

my wife is 1/2 Irish and 1/4 Cherokee, she want to join up. not sure about this.

1999 Dodge 3500 CTD dually
Ham radio - WU4S

Grey Mountain

On the rez somewhere in Indian Country

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/09/18 05:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

sljohnson1938 wrote:

my wife is 1/2 Irish and 1/4 Cherokee, she want to join up. not sure about this.

Works for me. ( got a little Irish blood coursing through my veins as well)

2006 Discovery 39S Tin Teepee
Honda CR-V Toad
Enrolled member of the Comanche Tribe
English Bride
Bichon Frise bear killers:
Lord Shonefeld von Reginald-Friese IV.
Lady Annabelle von Lichenstein-Friese III.

SparkDr

Lake George, NY

View Profile

Posted: 02/09/18 05:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have no idea what the heck anyone is talking about here or even what might be going on, but dammit,,,I want in! This sounds like way too much fun to miss. I dub myself TWM (token white man) and will now begin feverishly packing the truck while EPS (eternally patient squaw) lays in food rations for the trip. If someone could let us know where we’re going before we get too far from our driveway, it would be greatly appreciated. Squaw no take well to being lost if you know what I mean.

May the Mods grant me the serenity to accept the opinions of those I cannot change,
the courage to offer input to those who are open to another way of thinking,
and the wisdom to shut up whenever I get too caught up in my own misconceived brilliance.

trigley

Central Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 02/09/18 10:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SparkDr wrote:

I have no idea what the heck anyone is talking about here or even what might be going on, but dammit,,,I want in! This sounds like way too much fun to miss. I dub myself TWM (token white man) and will now begin feverishly packing the truck while EPS (eternally patient squaw) lays in food rations for the trip. If someone could let us know where we’re going before we get too far from our driveway, it would be greatly appreciated. Squaw no take well to being lost if you know what I mean.

It’s a recurring annual threat our country receives yet somehow seems to miraculously survive. If I lived on Vancouver Island I would be particularly careful the night of June 28.(full moon). Perhaps their usual heavy cloud cover will darken the evening reducing the carnage.

lakeside013104

North America

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/10/18 05:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grey Mountain, thanks for the insight.

Come spring my WBH (woman better half) and I will pack the wagon and head NW for the Comanche raiding and pillaging.

In my younger years I raced white water canoes with the Chief of the Maliseet Nation Tribe and feel that her spirit overcame my body for we paddled like crazy and won the sixteen mile river race.

Hopefully that encompassing spirit will be enough qualifier to allowed me through the gate of the rendezvous.....

Lakeside

Grey Mountain

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/10/18 06:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Looks like we're getting a pretty good band of Comanches, Cherokees and renegade MWGs for this little soiree into the Pacific NW.

I've been doing this for 15 years or so and by now, the locals are used to it. They even leave their barn doors unlocked and the horses in the corrall. Must be all those shiny yellow rocks I leave behind...

GM

BFL13

Victoria, BC

View Profile

Posted: 02/10/18 06:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Remember that BC is NOT in the "Pacific NW", which is part of the USA of course.

GM or at least his Captive Bride, will be glad to know that British restaurant in Parksville is still going.

1991 Oakland 28DB Class C
on Ford E350-460-7.5 Gas EFI

Orion

Pacific South West

View Profile

Posted: 02/10/18 07:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

Remember that BC is NOT in the "Pacific NW", which is part of the USA of course.

Notice my location that has been so for many years!

'IT'S' always means 'IT IS'

Grey Mountain

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/11/18 06:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BFL13 wrote:

GM or at least his Captive Bride, will be glad to know that British restaurant in Parksville is still going.

Just mentioned that restaruant in Parksville to my British Bride. Sure glad we didn't burn it down last time we were there. I trust Cathedral Grove is still standing, and there are still goats on the roof in Coombes...

MW, SW, NW, Middle Earth, Mordor...
...whatever. Still burnable.

GM

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Canada and Alaska  >  Canada

> Annual Comanche Invasioin of Vancouver Island
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Canada and Alaska

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS