Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Do lighter color 2003-2008 coaches also have paint checking?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> Do lighter color 2003-2008 coaches also have paint checking?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
C20

Shawnee KS

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/10/18 07:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ours is coming up on 10 years old and no checking. We did have a spot above the door that the clear coat was coming off. While we were having some work done at Winnebago they took it over to CDI (the paint company of their coaches), and they fixed it. No charge, said they probably didn't prep that area right. Couldn't have been more pleased and it looks like the day it was made!

08 Itasca 40 FD
02 Jeep Liberty
16 HD CVO Street glide
2015 Challenger Hellcat
2016 Ram Eco Diesel

BigSkyBob

Helena, Montana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/11/18 10:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The brown full body paint on my Camelot has crazing in the fiberglass as does the orange and copper color, but the lighter color doesn't. The orange and copper color paint has much less crazing than the brown. I've checked the temps on the paint with my IR thermometer and the dark paint is much hotter than the lighter colors. I apply the 10' rule when dealing with this crazing, i.e., if I can't notice it at 10' it's a non issue.

2008 Monaco Camelot 40PDQ, 4 slides, 2016 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi Quadcab 4x4. Blue Ox, Garmin 760 LRM GPS, Doran Pressure pro on all 10, M&G Brake, 50 amp SurgeGuard, FMCA, Coachnet.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> Do lighter color 2003-2008 coaches also have paint checking?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS